Rny/RNY revision

Jennifer D.
on 9/20/10 11:33 am
I'm half way through coverting from RNY to DS. RNY was hell on earth for me the first time, and needless to say did not help. I couldn't imagine getting another.
Eleanore Davis
on 9/22/10 12:56 am - Penn Hills, PA
I am going through the process of a revision from RNY.  Also my pouch is still small but the "stoma"... the connection to my intestines has stretched.  The doctor plans on going in and fixing that connection.  Has anyone had this done and afterwards been successful in weight loss again?  I also do NOT feel a restriction.  I feel like I have to fill up my entire intestines to "feel full".  What's the story on this?  Eleanore Davis

Scheduled for a Revision RNY to RNY and a Hiatal Hernia Repair on 5/9/2011... Day after Mother's Day is my Day!

Unicorn337
on 9/22/10 11:27 am
I had a revision in August.   My first bypass was in January 2004.  My stoma had also stretched but I had a problem with bleeding ulcers so my insurance company approved the revision. In addition, I had a hernia repair.  So far I have lost 23 pounds.  The high protein shakes have helped with the hunger but I miss the chewing.  I began my exercise routine again.  Strength training 3 times a week and walking/eliptical five days a week.  The weight loss seems to be slower this time.

Good luck with your revision.

Eleanore Davis
on 9/23/10 1:20 am - Penn Hills, PA
My weight loss was SLOW the first time around when I had the malabsorption thing going in my favor.  It is always SLOW for some of us... I have come to THAT conclusion.  I am kind of mobility impaired also and Curves is about as much as I can take on the exercise routine.  I have a fake knee and I had shoulder surgery... now there is something WRONG with my neck.  My neck went from a dull ache to a sharp stabbing pain.  I am wondering if I need to go back to the orthopedic surgeon about my neck.  SIGH!  Not trying to have neck surgery!  But on the flip side of all these excuses I need to lose weight or this FAKE knee I have is not going to last.  People who are a normal weight... the total knee replacements last 10 to 15 years.  How long will mine last and I am overweight?  That knee surgery was the SCARIEST thing I have EVER been through in my LIFE!  The rehab was painful and I cried like a baby after that surgery.  I have to.... NEED TO... do whatever I can to AVOID having knee surgery again.  Lose some weight... I HAVE TO!!!
bnlrrice
on 9/25/10 10:40 pm
I had revision from open stumach stapling 2002, to open rny 2003. I just had a "revision" rny done Monday 20th. EGD few weeks ago and found a fistula in staple line and a hernia. When they got in there she said there was a long pouch area and I was storing food like a chipmunk, i was having reflux so badly. So she restapled and cut back the pouch.
I have been home for a few days, back to the protein shakes (not my fav).
The risks for me where the chance of leaking, this increases with every surgery you have. I wasn't scared of dying because I am healthier today than I was back in 2002-2003.
I am currently 5'7" and 188.5, I will hopefully lose the last 30-40 pounds and be happy again :)

Nicole    
Eleanore Davis
on 9/27/10 6:20 am, edited 9/27/10 6:20 am - Penn Hills, PA
I have an endoscopy scheduled for October 11, 2010 and I am scheduled with the surgeon December 8, 2010.  I guess I push forward with this revision surgery.  I feel like I am trying to fill my entire body up daily and I am hungry ALL the time.  Hopefully I will feel the "restriction" again after surgery... IF they schedule me for it.  I have been following the diet strictly and have been losing about 1 lb. per week.  I have lost 15 lbs in the past two months.  I guess that is not too bad.... I just hate walking around HUNGRY all the time.  It is RIDICULOUS!  Even the 5DPT did not bring back that feeling of "restriction". 
Eleanore Davis
on 10/18/10 6:52 am - Penn Hills, PA
Doctor found a small hernia when I had the upper endoscopy!  No wonder I have heartburn so bad... I wake UP with heartburn.... don't even have to eat.  The doctor who performed the upper endoscopy recommended that I see the surgeon for a rny revision.  He also said that my pouch was too big.  Funny but when I tried for the Stomphayx trial they said my pouch was still small... I guess that woman would say ANYTHING to NOT pick me as a candidate for the trial.  I did not feel "good vibes" from her at all.  Oh well, I wonder what the surgeon is going to do to "revise" me and fix that hernia?  I have no clue.  How long will I be in the hospital?  How long will I have to be off work?
Most Active