possible RNY to DS

dezir3dth0ughtz
on 9/15/10 8:24 am - elizabeth, NJ
Hi guys. I had an RNY in 2006. I lost about 100lbs and then the weightloss stopped. I have gained back about half of the total weight loss  I have scheduled an appointment with Dr. Pomp in NY for a consult. I'm so nervous and scared. I don't know what to expect at all. I guess I'm looking for some advice ...
Jamie D.
on 9/15/10 10:59 pm - Valatie, NY
 Hello, I am in the exact same boat as you are :) I had my RNY in 2007 and stopped losing weight after 6 months. I am looking at having the DS done in NYC as no one in the Albany area does this surgery. Can I ask how you selected Dr. Pomp?

Good luck with your journey, we are all in this together 

dezir3dth0ughtz
on 9/16/10 8:32 am - elizabeth, NJ
I was just researching and saw that he did revisions. I called the office and asked if he did revisions from RNY to DS and the receptionist stated that he did.I posted a similar post on the DS forum and some of the replies stated that he advertises it but usually ends up doing the procedure in two steps, which usually ends up with a sleeve. I don't like that!! Dr. Greenbaum in Jersey is not taking any new patients until January. He does the RNY to DS revision. I might schedule an appointment and begin taking the other steps. I also tried Dr.Inabnet at Mt. Sanai, but he does not take my insurance. I was upset about that because they gave me an appointment for tomorrow morning. Idk.. we'll see what happens  What about you? Have you looked into any doctor's yet?
flucca
on 9/16/10 4:04 pm - Fort Lauderdale, FL
yes, Dr. Pomp will in many cases approach an RNY to DS revision in two stages.  That is the downside.  The upside is much less pain since it is usually approached laproscopically and less time under anesthesia in one shot.  Just things to consider and decide what is right for you.
dezir3dth0ughtz
on 9/16/10 4:40 pm - elizabeth, NJ
thanks.. yes i have a lot to think about..
Debbie M.
on 9/18/10 8:01 am
check out my profile, might help put your mind at ease......

I had an RNY in 2002, had an RNY to DS revision in Feb 2010, I started at 358lbs, am down to 226 and have a goal of anything under 150, having 77lbs to lose versus over 200 actually feels like it's within reach.

I would avoid a surgeon who did it in 2 steps unless he really had to OR advises you he would recommend  you keep the pouch but would revise everything else.

Best of luck on your journey, feel free to drop me a PM if I can asnwer any questions.

Debbie M.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

Most Active