EGD done today

Jamie D.
on 9/15/10 6:10 am - Valatie, NY
 This morning I had my EGD done to check to pouch enlargement. the EGD from what I understand was done in 5 minutes. My gastric bypass MD came out and spoke with my husband via phone. My husband stated that the MD was very rude and stated there was "nothing wrong with my(the MD) surgery and your wife obviously has a behavior problem". The behavior issue he was referring to was that my issue with gaining was not related to the pouch but to me. The pouch was mildly dilated and showed gerd. 
I can not imagine how my pouch is only mildly enlarged. I can eat a hard roll with cheese in it with out a problem. generally about 2 cups of food before feeling full then I am hungry again by the next hour . Upon hubby asking about follow up he said 4 weeks. 
I think that I will be going to see a different MD. I have seen some up in the Adirondacks for a duo denial switch.

mzhuny
on 9/16/10 10:07 am - Humble, TX
Sorry u re going through this, I was having the same issue but it was not my pouch that was stretched it was the opening. I was dumping about 90% of what I was eating in 30 minutes. My surgeon suggesed sclerotherapy. This is when they inject a scaring agent into the enlarged area and is makes that open smaller that waay you are not hungry all the time. Now I am only 3 days out but i can honestly say I have not been humgry at all. I am struggling to get a carnation protein shake down for the whole day.
Most Active