Anyone been through this??

craftylady55
on 9/14/10 8:30 am
(I posted this on RNY forum as well)

So I had my lapband revised (due to awful complications) to an RNY 8/4/10. Surgeon (who"s the best) said because of scarring of stomach he needed to make my pouch small. Everything is going smoothly, then solid food presents some issues and I'm starting to throw up a little.  My doc says this isn't normal and that from 6-12 weeks from surgery strictures could happen because of scar tissue.  OK, so yesterday water is an issue, I call the docs office and schedule a scope for this morning.  So I meet the doc preforming the scope and he's very abrasive.  Asking why would I have this surgery, this surgery is a mistake.  I'm lying there dumbfounded.  So as he is doing the scope (mind you I have been scoped 2 times prior to RNY) He's saying the opening is too small, you're going to need a revision, your stomach is too small. He barely gave me enough sedation, I was uncomfortable.  Then during recovery when hubby comes in, he continues and scares the daylights out of my husband.  Tells me that the scar tissue is probably already starting to close and I need to come back in 2 weeks for another scope. How can he know it will close up again? How many times have any of you been scoped?  Mind you I have been a nurse for over 30 years. That's poor bedside manner, not saying it might happen, but that it will.  He thinks I'll need scoping my whole life.  I have read that some need repeated scoping, thoughts?
Monique H.
on 9/14/10 12:48 pm
I did work with a lady that had to have hers enlarged a couple of times. If it helps any she is just fine. I have heard of it closing up and needing to be opened up some before, but I'm quite sure if you post on the RNY board or the main you will get better responses.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Most Active