band removed but no sleeve

Road Less Travelled
on 9/14/10 3:04 am
VSG on 12/13/10 with

I had my band removed yeserday -- doc gave me 30% chance he could do the sleeve.  He said if their were an adhesions, etc he would not do it -- to risky given the top staple line is right where the band is removed.

Well I woke up with no sleeve ---- I am so sad.......

so I will call the doc and schedule the sleeve for 9-12 weeks from now

donna - banded on 7/07, removed 9/10

JRinAZ
on 9/14/10 3:16 am - Layton, UT
Bummer Donna!  Atl east you got the alien out!!!!  Heal fast!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

WASaBubbleButt
on 9/14/10 3:21 am - Mexico
On September 14, 2010 at 10:04 AM Pacific Time, Donna & the road less travelled wrote:

I had my band removed yeserday -- doc gave me 30% chance he could do the sleeve.  He said if their were an adhesions, etc he would not do it -- to risky given the top staple line is right where the band is removed.

Well I woke up with no sleeve ---- I am so sad.......

so I will call the doc and schedule the sleeve for 9-12 weeks from now

donna - banded on 7/07, removed 9/10

I'm sorry!  I don't know how I would have felt if had I been awakened to no sleeve.

But, your doc is being safe so it will happen!

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
TamaraL
on 9/14/10 5:37 am
Ohh Donna. I am so sorry you did not get the sleeve like you wanted.  That is definetly a bummer and my worst nightmare

Keep us updated

Tamara

samballs
on 9/14/10 9:05 am
 My best friend is having her band removed next month, and she is scared to death.  Was it a long surgery?  Are you in a lot of pain?

Sorry for the disappointment, but better to be safe than sorry.
Road Less Travelled
on 9/14/10 9:20 am
VSG on 12/13/10 with
I was told it's a quick surgery to remove the band - like less then 1 hr -- I was in for 2-3 hrs

lot's of adhesion's -- in 3 yrs -- can't image what 10 yrs would have looked like

glad I did this now -- no long term study on band removal - I fear alot of folks won't have much of a stomach left in 10 yrs due to band removal.

My right side hurt bad -- 3 inch port scar (over the same one from 3 yrs ago) but I would assume the port was adhered to the tissues also.

(deactivated member)
on 9/14/10 10:11 am - NJ
I know it may suck now, and it sucks to have two surgeries, but that's what I did too (band removed then RNY a month later).  It sounds like your surgeon probably cleaned things up inside a bit (removing adhesions and things) too; mine did when he removed the band too.

I just had some adhesions removed in May and OMG - the pain from them was worse than labor pains!!

The port site was the most painful and it took the longest to heal. 

Hang in there and let your poor stomach recover, and before you know it you will have your sleeve!

neacres100
on 9/16/10 4:38 am - NJ
I had to wait 6 months after my eroded band and infected port was removed, before I could have another surgery.  Mainly because my stomach had to heal from the erosion, and so that when the surgeon could do the sleeve, my stomach wouldn't leak at the old band site.

I'm sure your surgeon is only looking out for your best interest.  I know it's a bummer waking up and not having what you wanted, but better safe then sorry.

you'll get your sleeve soon enough.  rest up, heal and you'll do fine.

Donna

Erroded lapband removed 12/28/09, stomach repaired, infected port cut out.

WLS done on Dec 14th, 2010.WOOHOO!!
I survived & I'm alive!  Dr. Gagner is my life saver!
_rebecca
on 9/25/10 10:21 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with
Wow!  That makes me so glad I am having my band removed.  I was banded at the same time you were (7/9/07) and have had nothing but problems.  I am doing preop testing to be approved for revision now.
Most Active