greetings!

Jamie D.
on 9/13/10 4:08 pm - Valatie, NY
 Hello! My name is Jamie I am 29 years old. I had my r-n-y in 2006 but stopped losing wt 6 months post op. I had lost 120 pounds during that time. I found that I was obstructed at least 2 times a week, sadly that is not an exaderation. I was vomiting a lot to relieve the obstruction. I went to my MD several times and was always told the same thing over and over again to chew better. eventually I really messed up and instead of eating foods I resorted to chocolate milk as it kept up my blood sugar for a bit and it would not get stuck. this resulted in a vicious cycle. I eventually fell off the wagon and was eating a lot. I remained vomiting weekly for the first year. then it spaced out to once a month. I started out at 370 then after medifast down to 340. after surgery I got down to 260. I am now back to 320. I went and spoke again to someone in my surgeons office. they had a new PA that actually listened to me!! They will be doing a EGD on wednesday to check the status of my pouch. I know that it can not be good as I never seem to be full for long. I can eat then maybe 20 minutes later be hungry again. I am praying that they will help me get back in the saddle again and help me loss the weight. 
I look forward to meeting everyone and look forward to making lasting relationships
Jamie 

JRinAZ
on 9/14/10 3:12 am - Layton, UT
Hiya Jamie!
I'm so sorry you had such a crummy hand dealt you with your WLS!!!!  Hearing your description of not remaining full for long makes me wonder:

1.  Do you drink with your meals (flushes the food down leaving you empty)
2.  or...your stoma is stretched wide open and everything just falls through.

Your test on Weds should help figure things out.

In the meantime, how about starting your research!

You could:

1.  Join Weigh****chers or something else and struggle for the rest of your life
2.  have schlerotherapy or the ROSe procedure (a very temporary reduction of your stoma)  which has absolutely zero long rang positive results (per all the posts on this site)
3.  Get the BOB aka Band over Bypass ......slow loss with minimal results
4.  have your pouch reduced or not touched at all and your common channel shortened giving you a Distal aka Extended Rny.  Mixed results with the majority having difficulty with thriving nutritionally.  Weight loss is good for a few and slow to nothing for many.
5.  Revise to a VSG - Sleeve.  Gives you restriction without malabsorption.  A good option for those who are binge eaters/volume eaters.
5.  revising to a DS aka Duodenal Switch.  It's the Sleeve and a switch (shortened common channel)  This has the best stats long term for projected success.  There are ups and a few downs but packs the best punch to the pounds!  www.dsfacts.com

Welcome to this forum.  It is a little United Nations of surgery mixes so everyone needs to research research research!!!!  I am soooo grateful that some vocal folks came to this site and crammed info down me til I finally "got it"!  LOL! 

I LOVE my DS!!!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Jamie D.
on 9/14/10 3:26 am - Valatie, NY
 Hi Joyce, Thank you for all the information that you have provided me. I had spent quite abit of time on here today doing research and I was shocked with reading out the rose procedure. I don't understand why MD's offer this. From the posts that I have been reading it sounds like nothing more than an insurance grab. There is no benefit to the patient.  With the two questions that you asked. In the begining I was not drinking with my meals but I was constantly hungery at 6 months. I do drink now with my meals but I find even if I do not I see no difference at all in my hunger. I was looking at the Duodenal switch, it does not seem like my surgeon does this surgery. I am curious as to why only a limited amount of MD's do this one as it seems to be the most beneficial. 
I am a binge eater or emotional eater. I found that a lot of my weight that I gained was during times of stress or sadness (miscarrage). 
I look forward to meeting everyone here.  I will update with the results of the egd tomorrow as it is being done in the am. 
WASaBubbleButt
on 9/14/10 3:38 am - Mexico
On September 14, 2010 at 10:26 AM Pacific Time, Jamie D. wrote:
 Hi Joyce, Thank you for all the information that you have provided me. I had spent quite abit of time on here today doing research and I was shocked with reading out the rose procedure. I don't understand why MD's offer this. From the posts that I have been reading it sounds like nothing more than an insurance grab. There is no benefit to the patient.  With the two questions that you asked. In the begining I was not drinking with my meals but I was constantly hungery at 6 months. I do drink now with my meals but I find even if I do not I see no difference at all in my hunger. I was looking at the Duodenal switch, it does not seem like my surgeon does this surgery. I am curious as to why only a limited amount of MD's do this one as it seems to be the most beneficial. 
I am a binge eater or emotional eater. I found that a lot of my weight that I gained was during times of stress or sadness (miscarrage). 
I look forward to meeting everyone here.  I will update with the results of the egd tomorrow as it is being done in the am. 

Can you find a surgeon that does do DS?  Sounds like it might be a much better fix for you.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active