EGD with Sclerotherapy

Angela M.
on 9/10/10 10:40 pm - Vicksburg , MS
Revision on 06/24/10 with
Hello,

I am having this procedure done on 9/22.  It is a procedure where the doctor performs an EGD and injects your pouch with the same soloution that is used to get rid of varicose veins.  It shrinks the pouch and allows you to either get back on track with your weight loss or if your pouch is a bit larger you can have this done up to 3 times to get your pouch back to where it should be.  In my case, my original surgeon never made my pouch small at all so I never lost any significant amount of weight.  My new surgeon has told me that if he goes in and finds that my pouch is too big, I will just have to start the process of  having a revision.  I am actually looking forward to the revision because my original surgeon really screwed up my first RNY.  It has been suggested that he only did half the surgery because it was taking to long to get my liver lifted so he just stopped and sewed me back up leaving excessive surgery clips inside of me.

I am just ready to get my life moving again......

Just wanted to share this with you guys just in case anyone was interested.

Angela

317/287/170

WASaBubbleButt
on 9/13/10 6:35 am - Mexico
I'd push for a full blown revision, sclerotherapy is not overly effective.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
mzhuny
on 9/13/10 11:08 am - Humble, TX
I am scheduled for this procedure in the morning. I have heard  a lot ogf negative from the boards, but i am staying positive. I really don't want to loose but 30lbs and then I am having  a Tummy Tuck.
I had RNY 3-11-2005 Heaviest weight 328 Morning of surgery 298 Today 175 Goal 140
Angela M.
on 9/14/10 2:31 am - Vicksburg , MS
Hello there!  You are the first person I have ever met that has/will have this procedure.  Please tell me how everything goes!

317/287/170

Angela M.
on 9/13/10 11:11 am - Vicksburg , MS
Thanks!  I am.  Just approved for my state insurance and I hear approvals take about a day....so I am really good  right now!

317/287/170

mzhuny
on 9/15/10 4:46 am - Humble, TX
Well after the testing prior to the procedure It was determined that about 90% of what I ate was dumping in about 30 minutes. This expalins why i am hungry all the time.(Good thing I was begining to think it was in my mind) So the Dr. went ahead with the procedure yesterday morning. It was me and 2 other ladies. I was at the hospital for 6 amd I was leaving by 11. There is a little pain when I breath amd the gas is horrible. Other than that i am fine. I'm on clear liquids for 7 days and then i move to semi liquid for 7 days then soft solids for 7 then a regular diet.
Angela M.
on 9/15/10 8:48 am - Vicksburg , MS
So do you feel you have restriction again?  I am glad you are feeling well.  How are you handling the gas?

317/287/170

mzhuny
on 9/16/10 10:14 am - Humble, TX
I definately feel restrictions. I'm just on liquids though but i'[m having a hard time getting enough of that in. As far as the gas, when it builds up i just take a walk and it will pass. I think all the negative responses about this procedure is because people think that this is a instant fix. Well it's not. Just like the bypass it is a tool. Now what you do with the tool is on you. I know exactly what I was doing wrong. Grazing and knowingly eating things that I knew I shouldn't . Fortunately I never gained the weight back because i keep an eye on it. I want to loose 30 lbs and i believe that this is a stepping stool to help me so i am remaining positive. I don't consider the bypass surgery a failure unless one can be true to them self and say that I didi everything that i was supposse to and it didn't work. Realistically that is not the case of alot of us on this board.
jeanyjane
on 9/16/10 7:06 am - Germany
There is not a single person on this board for whom this procedure (or the similar ROSE procedure) worked long-term (or even for longer then 3-6 weeks). Most people report inicial restriction and loose on the liquid diet, but gain it all back once they are back on solid. There is not a single peer-revied scientific study to proove that this procedure works, neither.

It is a waste of time and money and it will make a real revision more dangerous and diificult because you`ll have even more scarring. Please, please reconsider if this is really what you want & need. Reed the old posts on this board.. many people who had it done, but noT ONE *****ported back with positive results after the first few weeks. It may be non-invase and risk-free, but it`s non-effective, too.
Most Active