Anyone have rny now doing rny again?

megan1012
on 9/10/10 5:41 am - alexandria, VA
LOL that sounds kind of stupid but anywho..I had open rny in oct 98 and am going in on 9/15 for a revision. Basically the dr said he is going to make my top part of where they staple at smaller. I had a egd done and the dr told me its still pretty small so i dont know. He going in lapo this time diff doctor. He told me the surgery will take 3-4 hrs compared to if i hadnt had rny done before it would be an hr..wow..so Im just looking to see if anyone else has had thier rny redone???
Thanks

Michelle H.
on 9/10/10 6:28 am - Canada
I am having a revision from the RNY to the DS. You might want to go over to the DS board and check it out. Many RNY to DS people over there and you will get great information.
Debbie M.
on 9/12/10 8:59 am
**HIJACK**  Hey Michelle - what's going on with  you - PM me with an update.  Did you get my last email?
Debbie M.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

brendastar11
on 9/10/10 1:17 pm - PITTSGROVE, NJ
No its not stupid,many others are having revision done. I'm having mine done monday the 13th.My surgeon( NOT THE SAME ONE) is tightening my stoma,and bypassing more intestin.It was not done correctly.Many of us in the same boat.It takes longer because of adhesions.Good luck,God bless.
Debbie M.
on 9/12/10 9:01 am
Hi Megan,
Can you tell me a little about yourself?  What was your starting weight/current weight and goal weight? I had an RNY, wasn't a long term success for me - revised to a DS in February.
Anyway, just curious about your situation.
Thanks,
Debbie

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

Monique H.
on 9/13/10 8:07 am
Please please please do some research. I know it is two days away, but I don't know what good more restriction will do especially if you have a lot of weight to lose. I would hate to see you go through all of the healing and recoup for nothing. The studies that I saw said that really just adding more restriction would not do much for someone with a large amount of weight and that going to a distal rny, erny, or ds would have better results. I went to distal rny and my results were not good and not because I wasn't trying. I just couldn't get the scale to move and I stayed within my calories and exercised 1.5-2 hours a week 4-6 days a week. I'm not trying to be mean and please take this as pure concern.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Most Active