RNY to Band...how much did u lose?

Texas_Saphire
on 9/10/10 4:13 am - McAllen, TX
Just curious how much you lost if you went from RNY or any other type to Band. I had RNY 5 years ago. I went down to 160lbs from 300. I've gained 40 lbs back. I'm almost done with all my required appts and clearances. 

I know weight loss and time frame varies...Doctor says i should expect 60 lbs average weight loss. Just wanted to get an idea of how your weight loss is going or how much you lost after your revision to band.

Thanks!
TamaraL
on 9/10/10 6:17 am
you should cross post on lap band forum too.

Are you sure about getting the band??

i have the band and can't wait to have the band out. I think everybody is different but I think it is good to have a good understanding of the band.

Get some books and read up about it.  I like the Robert Sewell book on lap banding and I also have one that Ahoroni wrote and it is okay.

The band is totally different than the bypass.  You get stuck easier, I throw up.  There is the risk of slips, erosion.

Just please do get books on the band. Typical weight loss is 1-2 pounds/week.  Sometimes you may not lose for several weeks.

csanddex
on 9/10/10 8:20 am
I am down 20lbs in 2 months.  It is slower than rny but the fact that the scale is moving in the right direction is such a relief.
BettyBoop4930
on 9/13/10 12:50 pm - Houston, TX
I am having the band removed and getting the VSG.  With the band I had slippage and alot of throwing up because my old doctor would  fill me up too tight. 
tscott826
on 9/17/10 6:17 pm - Spring, TX
Hello-
I am in your boat.  I had the RNY in 2001.  I went from 303 to 164.  I am now back up to 230.  I considered having the band put on, but something did not seem right about that.  I am having my RNY revised.   My Dr. says that I have probably stretched out my pouch and one other thing that I can't remember ( I apologize).  He is going to go in and correct both issues.  He says it is like starting over again.   I am on the 3 month diet plan so I won't have surgery until January or Feb of next year.  I look forward to a second chance at this.   I will keep my profile updated.

Tiffany
italiangal56
on 10/10/10 3:11 pm - Cheektowaga, NY
Don't get the band , it sucks!!! I would never recommend it to anyone.
WASaBubbleButt
on 10/11/10 1:56 am - Mexico
I had a band, I'm' here to tell you they do not last. This is an uncomfortable and temporary measure to lose a small portion of your excess weight.

Think long and hard about this. I have only met one person that make it to goal with a band after bypass.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active