Talked to my boss

Kimberley H.
on 9/9/10 4:01 pm - Winston-Salem, NC

I didn't go through much detail but I gave my boss the heads up on the possibility of two surgeries.

She was very kind and supportive and is getting information for me about medical disability if it's needed.

I was so worried and now I feel so relieved.

(deactivated member)
on 9/10/10 6:25 am - NJ
Good deal - especially that you live in a state that has disability!  No worries, and just focus on your self and getting well!!
TamaraL
on 9/13/10 10:20 am
Kim

Just found out why surgeons do 2 surgeries. Blue Cross approved me for the gastric bypass but they will not pay for the band to be taken out.

Dr will have to eat cost or charge me or do 2 surgeries.

Now I am worried.  Wish surgeon would let me know. Spoke to insurance person today and she said she is waiting on Doc

Tamara

Kimberley H.
on 9/13/10 2:15 pm - Winston-Salem, NC

Wow! I had no idea.

Thank you for letting me know about that.

Kim

(deactivated member)
on 9/14/10 10:14 am - NJ
Wow - that is strange.  BCBS paid for my band to come out.  Did they give you a reason why they won't cover it, yet will cover the RNY?  

How the hell are they expecting you to get an RNY with the band in place?

I am confused - are you having the two surgeries or having both done in one?
Monique H.
on 9/14/10 12:39 pm
Why are they not paying for it as just a revision. I've never heard of that, how different is the cost to go in and take off the band in the process of doing the rny.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Most Active