Ticked Off

Kimberley H.
on 9/8/10 3:51 pm - Winston-Salem, NC

I was hoping to have a revision from the band to the RNY with Dr. Fernandez in Winston-Salem, but I met him last night and he told me that one surgery would be too risky. I would have to have two.

I know people who have had one surgery and that completed the revision.

Back to the drawing board.....

Does anyone know if Dr. Sudan can do it in one surgery? His office never sent me a packet to fill out. I know Duke is excellent but they are frustrating me.

Thanks for listening.

Kim

Vivian Prouty
on 9/8/10 11:21 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Hi Kimberley,

I know many people who have had revisions from the band to RNY.   Usually the docs do remove the band....the let the swelling go down before they go in and do the RNY.   Not sure if that is the normal or not.   You may want to drop by the docs office that never sent you a packet if it is possible for you to do that and pick one up and ask them if he does that in a one or two surgery process.....that way your question will be answered.    Good luck to you in your venture.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

TamaraL
on 9/9/10 10:30 am
Kim,

I am having 1 surgery to remove the band and then have the bypass if everything looks good.  Like Vivian posted a lot of surgeons want to do 2 surgeries which seems like a pain in the butt. I am having mine done at Hickory Surgical in Hickory. Dr. Cox originally done my band surgery and has really tried to help me with the band. I am hoping that everything looks good and they are able to do the bypass at one time.

Kimberley H.
on 9/9/10 3:32 pm - Winston-Salem, NC

I feel a little better now that I talked to some people who had both surgeries. It sounds like the first surgery recovery time will be short and uncomplicated.

(deactivated member)
on 9/10/10 6:29 am - NJ
It really isn't a big deal the recovery from just the band removal.  The anesthesia was worse than any pain.

I am so happy for you!!
WASaBubbleButt
on 9/13/10 6:47 am - Mexico
If you don't have a slip or erosion I'm not sure why your doc couldn't do it in one procedure other than a lack of skill?

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Kimberley H.
on 9/13/10 2:25 pm - Winston-Salem, NC
Tamara posted that it may be an insurance issue more than anything else.

Most Active