LapBand to VSG

BettyBoop4930
on 9/8/10 9:46 am - Houston, TX
Has anyone gone from the band to VSG? I am having the VSG on 10/25. 
justmeny
on 9/8/10 12:13 pm
Hi, if you look on the VSG boards, you will find a ton of people who have revised from the band to the sleeve.  I know two people who just had their surgeries in the past 2 weeks!  Good luck to you.
Janis
April 2006: lap band
SW: 256, LW: 201
Planning revision to VSG
Patty_Glez
on 9/9/10 3:32 am - tijuana, Mexico
Hi,
I had my band removed last February and the sleeve on Aug.10, It has been a breeze, less pain / less gas , very good so far...
Best luck to you
Patty
Lap band 2007 to Sleeve 2010

Height - 5'6" HW - 217, SW - 202, CW - 176, GW 145
BettyBoop4930
on 9/9/10 10:59 am - Houston, TX
I hope I am more successful with the sleeve. I had nothing but problems with the band. Thanks!
Road Less Travelled
on 9/11/10 12:01 pm
VSG on 12/13/10 with
I am getting my band out on Monday 9/13 -- and if all goes well the revision to the sleeve at the same time -- if not, I will go back in 9-12 weeks for the sleeve
neacres100
on 9/12/10 11:49 pm - NJ
I had my crapband removed in dec '09 due to it erroding into my stomach and a severe infection of the port.  I was in the hospital for 5 days because of the infection.  Sent home with an open wound (where the port was), which had to be flushed and packed twice a day and on heavy duty antibiotics. 

I was scheduled for a DS on 8/23, however, I was told prior to going into it, due to all my previous abdominal surgeries which may have a whole bunch of adhesions, and my health issues (high blood pressure, A fib history and irregular palpitations), i was told the DS may have to be done in two parts.  The first part being the sleeve.

My surgeon went in lap, and found all my internal organs all connected with adhesions.  He said it was like cutting through a block of cement, thenhe had to seperate all my organs (stomach, pancreas, liver, spleen, colon).  He was then able to give me the sleeve portion of the DS. 

I remember at 2:00pm that day in the O.R., the next time I remember was waking up at 9:00pm in my room.  So, it was long.  My insides now have to heal, and I will go back in December to get the second part of the surgery completed....the malabsorbtion part.  This is what will keep my weight under control long term with little or no weight gain ever again.  My surgeon said the hard part of the DS is completed.  The second part will be much easier with a faster healing time.

So far I have lost 33 pounds with this sleeve.  I know that will slow down too.  But once that slows down, the malabsorbtion part will kick in and take care of the rest of the weight loss and maintenance. 

Best wishes to you.

Donna

Erroded lapband removed 12/28/09, stomach repaired, infected port cut out.

WLS done on Dec 14th, 2010.WOOHOO!!
I survived & I'm alive!  Dr. Gagner is my life saver!
WASaBubbleButt
on 9/13/10 6:18 am - Mexico
On September 8, 2010 at 4:46 PM Pacific Time, BettyBoop4930 wrote:
Has anyone gone from the band to VSG? I am having the VSG on 10/25. 

I did, best thing I ever did!  Bands are a horror, sleeves rock!

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
BettyBoop4930
on 9/13/10 12:37 pm - Houston, TX

Thanks everyone.  I am a little nervous because I having the band removed and theVSG done on the same day.  I wonder how long it will take to recover.  I plan on taking off 3-4 weeks.

WASaBubbleButt
on 9/14/10 3:30 am - Mexico
On September 13, 2010 at 7:37 PM Pacific Time, BettyBoop4930 wrote:

Thanks everyone.  I am a little nervous because I having the band removed and theVSG done on the same day.  I wonder how long it will take to recover.  I plan on taking off 3-4 weeks.

I had mine done in the same surgery and recovery was no different from a band.  If there was a difference it was the hot poker feeling where my port was.

I think you are going to go nuts for 3-4 weeks, i went back to work in 5 days.  Piece of cake.  But a lot depends on the skill of your surgeon.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
BettyBoop4930
on 9/14/10 9:57 am - Houston, TX
Wow, I was planning to take 4 weeks off.
Most Active