Tell me it's going to work

bak54
on 9/7/10 5:07 am
I have a date 10/4 revision from old wls 21 years ago that was not successful help me
not be afraid my RNY won't work
missnanajean
on 9/7/10 2:08 pm - Friendswood, TX
Kiddo any surgery is what you make it. I had RNY 10 mo.s ago and I am so happy and getting better everyday. I'm losing more slowly and able to eat a wide variety of foods and I'm down from 26 to 12/14. I had lapband and it never worked for me. This smaller pouch and malabsorption is just what I needed. The lap surgery this time was just uncomfortable where the lapband I had pain. If you follow the rules and take your vitamins you will do fine. We're here for you . Be smart and start taking you bariatric vitamins to give your body a reserve to build on. I did this and have only lost a few strands of hair and my complexion has glowed from day one because I had a reserve. Keep in touch and get ready for a wonderful exciting rollercoaster ride. 2010 is Our Year!
  Miss  Jean   
Monique H.
on 9/8/10 3:13 am
I'm going to have to disagree with the above post and hope that you don't get offended. Every surgery is not what you make of it and I've seen people on here say that a few times and didn't speak up. There are different factors that go into weight loss or the lack there of. Everyone says if you are eating right and exercising that you will lose the weight. As I said earlier there can be other factors that contribute and you don't know that you have some of those factors until too late. The best advice I can give since I have not had every surgery is to please research each one. Find out the pros and cons and the success rate of them all and then make the decision that is best for you in your situation. Do not go by what everyone else says please, because you may end up in the same boat as me trying to fight for something you NEED instead of WANT.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Most Active