Home from the hospital

Bobbie D.
on 9/5/10 8:26 pm
Well I made it through my surgery and hospital stay with no complications. My doctor says I'm doing exceptionally. My hospital (Aurora Baycare) and all staff were fantastic.

I had my VBG revised to RNY. I have no pain at all when resting but there is some incisional pain when I get up and move around. I am taking liquid hydrocodone w/acetaminaphine about every 4 hours for the pain. I have no trouble swalling liquids and have no nausea (hopefully that stays that way).

I did somehow gain back the 14 that I lost in the preop liquid stage. I hope that disappears quickly. That was a surprise to see on the scale at the hospital.

It was nice to sleep in my own bed last night. Instead of waking up every 30-60 minutes I only woke up a couple of times through the night.

So far so good................

terilynn112
on 9/5/10 9:57 pm - maryland, NY
That 14 pounds is fluid. You'll pee it out in the next week.

Way to go. I'm glad your home, and can continue healing.

Teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

kmbear
on 9/6/10 2:48 pm - Coeur D Alene, ID
Great to hear you are back home and could I ask you a few questions?? Did they have to do open surgery or Lap?? and how long was your surgery?? I hope to have my surgery date soon, I am also going to be revised from VBG to RNY and I am very anxious. Well wishes for your recovery, Karen

Bobbie D.
on 9/6/10 11:31 pm
Hi Karen,

My doctor preplanned my revision to be open, possibly because my VBG had been open so I already had the large scar. He also fixed my scar so it will be much less noticeable. I have no staples. It just looks like a straight line with butterfly tape going across it.

I believe my surgery lasted about 5 hours. My doctor did tell my husband that it went much better than he expected it to.

Thanks for the well wishes. Other than healing abdominal muscles, I think I'm feeling pretty good. Good luck with your revision !!

(deactivated member)
on 9/7/10 3:19 am - Bayonne, NJ
Glad to hear you're home and healing, and yes, the swelling will go away. You'll re-lose that 14 lbs and a lot more.
bak54
on 9/7/10 10:48 pm
I am glad you feel good take good care of yourself! when did you have your VBG? Mine was not successful and i was sick
Bobbie D.
on 9/7/10 11:32 pm
I had my VBG in 2000. I lost about 90 lbs quickly and then it seemed almost as fast it all came back on. I was never sick with mine. I haven't been sick with any liquids that I have had since my RNY this last week.

Most Active