Revision date already

TamaraL
on 9/5/10 1:25 am
I am so lucky. On Friday I got my date for revision. I am hoping for band to RNY but may get the sleeve if there is too much scar tissue.  My insurance will pay if there is problems with the RNY. 

I have struggled so bad with the gastric lap band. Only lost 50 pounds. I have heart burn most days.  I now have a pain around the band and spasms around the band.  The spasms are horrible. 

I have given up on the band and am eating everything under the sun.  I am starving.  I have also gained since August 16th when I seen surgeon. WOW.

Tamara

m1806
on 9/5/10 1:54 am, edited 9/5/10 1:55 am - Marshville, NC
Bless your heart, what's your surgery date?? Keep us posted on how it goes!! Do you prefer the RNY over the sleeve?? ~M~

TamaraL
on 9/5/10 2:15 am
I have done research on both. Prefer the RNY due to the reflux.  The sleeve cuts off a portion of your stomach and a lot of people have heartburn

Tamara

terilynn112
on 9/5/10 10:11 pm - maryland, NY
So when is your date???? I'm holding my breath for ya. I so totally want the RNY, and my surgeon says there is no reason I can't have it, in one surgery even. I'm ready!

Teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

TamaraL
on 9/5/10 10:49 pm
Hey Teri

October 8th is revision date

candie33
on 9/6/10 1:28 am
Congratulations on your upcoming surgery.....keep us posted, I am also in the process of seeking a revision from the band..hopfully in DecI am the pocess of completing my 6 month  requirements.  
Road Less Travelled
on 9/11/10 12:06 pm
VSG on 12/13/10 with
I was approved for revision from band to sleeve in 48 hrs -- then the wait for the date begain -- monday 9/13 is now right around the corner

I won't know if I have the sleeve until I wake up,,,,, seems if the tissue is hard (scar tissue?) doc said sleeve will have to wait for 9-12 weeks because the staple line starts right where the band is...... however with RNY's he does the revision the same time, because he staples a "pouch" vs a sleeve and he has more stomach tissue to work with.

I hope I wake up with the sleeve and not have to go back for it -- 25pds gained with an empmty band for the past 8 months is not fun.
TamaraL
on 9/11/10 1:55 pm
Donna,

Good luck.  The waiting is the worst.  I could have had the surgery the last week of September but I already had concert tickets for a concert.  October 8th seems so far away!

Good luck and let us know how things go.  Just think Monday it will hopefully be a new start and a new beginning

Tamara

brendastar11
on 9/11/10 2:52 pm - PITTSGROVE, NJ
Good luck Donna,I'm also having my revision 9/13 at 7:30 a.m. I hope you wake up with your sleeve also.I started my journey last october,very nervous now,but happy to be getting it done.If anyone has an extra prayer i could use one.Thank you all for the support this past year.I'll let you know how it's going when i can.I'll say a prayer for you Donna. 
Most Active