Revison in the morning.....Butterflies....

Erika M.
on 8/30/10 8:14 am - Washington, DC
Well I have not been on here in ages, which could be one of  the reasons that I am 9yrs out I was150 down, but now I am up 75lbs, Dr. Afram will be my surgeon once again, I trust him 200%. I am really afraid which is no different  than the last time. I was up half the night reading the revision post which has really helped bring the anxiety down a noth. I am having the RNY completely redone, no issues I just really out ate the surgery. So like others I feel like an awful failure, but I hope after tomorrow things will change.
eviegal0827
on 8/30/10 3:02 pm - MONTEREY PARK, CA
HELLO ERIKA, GOD WILLING ALL WILL BE GOOD.  I MYSELF AM IN THE SAME SITUATION, I WAITING FOR MY REFFERAL TO GO BACK TO MY SURGEON AND I WANT TO ASK ABOUT A POSSIBLE REVISION. THE ROSE PROCEDURE IS WHAT I AM INTRESTED IN BUT I DONT KNOW IF THE INSURANCE WILL COVER.  ERIKA WHEN YOUR FEELING BETTER AND YOU HAVE A MINUTE, PLEASE SHARE YOUR JOURNEY, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW, IF YOU DONT MIND.  TAKE CARE, KNOW THAT I WILL PRAY FOR YOU AND THAT YOU WILL RECOVER INSTANTLY.  TAKE CARE, GOD BLESS.....    EVELYN L.
WASaBubbleButt
on 9/13/10 6:43 am - Mexico
On August 30, 2010 at 10:02 PM Pacific Time, eviegal0827 wrote:
HELLO ERIKA, GOD WILLING ALL WILL BE GOOD.  I MYSELF AM IN THE SAME SITUATION, I WAITING FOR MY REFFERAL TO GO BACK TO MY SURGEON AND I WANT TO ASK ABOUT A POSSIBLE REVISION. THE ROSE PROCEDURE IS WHAT I AM INTRESTED IN BUT I DONT KNOW IF THE INSURANCE WILL COVER.  ERIKA WHEN YOUR FEELING BETTER AND YOU HAVE A MINUTE, PLEASE SHARE YOUR JOURNEY, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW, IF YOU DONT MIND.  TAKE CARE, KNOW THAT I WILL PRAY FOR YOU AND THAT YOU WILL RECOVER INSTANTLY.  TAKE CARE, GOD BLESS.....    EVELYN L.

Sadly, the Rose procedure does not work.  Please reconsider your decision.  Of all the people that have posted here over the years they report about the same as with StomaPhyx, they lose about 20# on the post op diet and then as soon as they start on solids they regain once again.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Erika M.
on 8/30/10 3:54 pm - Washington, DC
Thank you Evelyn, I will post the entire journey step by step, I am still just as afraid as if it was the first time. But other than that I am in really good spirits...nite
Erika M.
on 9/10/10 2:03 pm - Washington, DC
Well, I made it a little sore...I mean a lot at first. I did spend the night in ICU because I had a revision, but it was fine I had my pain pump and all was well. I am and have always been anemic so I did get two units of blood the morning before my release which was Thursday the 2nd of September. The weigh loss has been great because it has been mostly fluid of which I was pumped by my calculations 27lbs of fluid, as I was VERY dehydrated. so now at 1 week and 1 day I am back to my starting  weight of 310  so let the games begin. My Surgeon says that he made my pouch smaller and bypassed an additional 75ml of intestine (ml) my measurements may be incorrect but anyway, he says that I am going to have a very successful weight loss. My only issue at this time is that in 2005 I had a Tummy Tuck  and despite my weight gain my stomach was still very flat, there is a lot of swelling in that area and it is tight as heck right now, but I can see and feel that daily it is getting much better, So as of this moment am I happy with my choice?  I feel that even through the pain I have good vibes and mostly because I trust my Dr. 1000%. Today I had 3 spoons of mashed potato's as I head into week 3 puree/soft food.
sandy_mt
on 8/30/10 10:34 pm
brendastar11
on 8/31/10 1:44 pm - PITTSGROVE, NJ
Good luck,and God bless you and keep you safe.I also am getting a revision on 9/13.

Most Active