Looking at a Revision from RNY to DS

carvelo
on 8/29/10 6:54 am
Ok all here is what I am trying to find out today, lol..

I  had RNY in 2001.  Since then I have gained some weight back..  But I never lost all the weight I needed too.  I a had revion last April 10 where my stoma was fixed, it was found to be enlarged and it was corrected laporscopically.  My pouch was ok...   I lost 15 pounds, that is it...It stopped and I never lost anymore...  Then I had my hips replaced in Aug 10 due to a condition called Avascular necrosis. I am desperate to get this extra weight off.  I still have atleast 70 pounds to lose.  I am researching another revision..
 Is the DS something that I might have sucess with?  How much more dangerous is it to go back in again?? What are the chances that my doctor that did my first revision of my stoma would do the DS this time around?  I need something done desperatly.  My hips have to last me..
Wondering if I should go back to my revision doc to see what else I can do?... Worried cuz I do not want to look like a failure(I know I am in the weight loss dept:(  

Any comments appreciated..

Thanks!

Starting weight-375
Current- 270
Revision Surgeon- Dr.Warden-Slidell
MsBatt
on 8/29/10 8:04 am
PLEASE, do NOT let Dr. Warden attempt to revise you from your RNY to the DS. You need an experienced revision surgeon, and sadly, Dr. Warden is NOT one. He's not even particularly good at doing 'virgin' DSes.

I would recommend Dr. Greenbaum, Dr. Rabkin, or Dr. Keshishian.
Most Active