surgery completed and i am home 5 days postop....

teegeezfun
on 8/29/10 3:28 am - Lawrence, MA
 Hello board, had my rny revision last tuesday and came home on friday afternoon.  had a rather long surgery due to the amount of scar tissue the doctor encountered from my prior procedure.  in fact i was under the anesthesia for about 9 hours while doctor lautz performed his magic.

i guess i am posting to let anyone looking at revision surgery know that it isn't a piece of cake.  revisions which involve your surgeon dealing with extensive scarring from prior work are difficult and cannot be fully anticipated until your team gets inside and sees first hand how bad it is.  I am grateful that i did my homework and selected the surgeon that i had, david lautz at brigham and womens in boston who i hear did a masterful job on the procedure that was in fact long, but not problematic.  

the first few days were slow going but as of today i am spending about half the day out of bed.  i have found that i have needed to continue on the pain meds longer than i had hoped so i feel drowsy a lot of the time.  but tolerating my fluids fine, passing gas etc fine and all systems are go.  

good luck all and email me if you need info about my procedure, my surgical experts or my hospital.  happy to toot their horn for them...
pjwilsen
on 9/1/10 11:01 am
Most Active