Revision Band to Gastric.. Newbie HIIIII!!!!!

Angela R.
on 8/28/10 6:58 am - Jewett City, CT
Just wanted to stop in and say hello.. I went to my doctor about 2 weeks ago and he said he would be glad to do the revision for me.  He asked when I wanted the surgery done and I said as soon as I can have it.. He said how is Sept.  wow!!!  Anyway just praying that Aetna (state ct) will accept it.. Lost only 30 lbs in 7 years with the band and now I have all kinds of heart burn.  send  up some prayers for me..
Angela 
Revision Surgery from Lapband to Gastric Bypass... 1/3/11
Start 290 / Now 208/oal 180 (Doctor set goal)

Bobbie D.
on 8/28/10 10:56 am
Hi Angela,

Good luck to you! Wednesday I'm having my 10 year old VBG revised to RNY.

You're in my prayers!

Bobbie

llg4799
on 8/29/10 7:00 am - Lincoln, IL
 good luck to you!
missnanajean
on 8/29/10 7:13 am - Friendswood, TX
Sounds like my story. Never lost witht h band and had it less than 2 yr.s and Aetna approved the RNY within a week without any problem. Make sure you have nutrtion consult documnetation and no loss documented. Start taking your bariatric vitamins to pump up your reserves. Good Luck! This is a Wonderful Life! Almost 10 mo.s out no regrets only that I didn't do this sooner.
  Miss  Jean   
Kimberley H.
on 8/29/10 9:37 am - Winston-Salem, NC

I've had the band for ten years with non-stop reflux. I can't wait to say buh-bye.

I am so happy for you!!

Angela R.
on 8/29/10 12:33 pm - Jewett City, CT
Guys thank you so much for the encouragement.  I am so happy to know it wasn't just me.  I feel everyone is saying behind my back. I can't make this work either. Like it was all my fault the band was a waste of time. grrrrrr!!!!!  Anyway Good luck to you on your surgery this week.. I can't wait..
Angela 

terilynn112
on 8/30/10 11:39 pm - maryland, NY
I am with ya'll on the band issues. I'm halfway thru my band to rny revision. No worries on the insurance issue, as mine will cover. It offers no prior approvals. So as soon as I meet all the surgeons' requirements, I'm discussed and approved.

teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/10 12:47 pm - NJ
7 years?!?!!?  WOW - I barely lasted 7 months with the reflux pain!  You are a trooper woman!

I had that damn band out and am totally digging my new life with RNY! 

Good luck and wait till you have the RNY - it is totally amazing and much better than the band!
Angela R.
on 8/31/10 1:06 pm - Jewett City, CT
Oh no girl.. My band was empltied most of the 7 years
Angela 

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/10 1:55 pm - NJ
But still - even with mine empty I was in pain.  Wow! 

Still a trooper in my book 
Most Active