Band over the Bypass Revision

carvelo
on 8/28/10 9:43 am
I had RNY in 2001.  Since then I have gained some weight back..  But I never lost all the weight.  I had revion last April 10 where my stomas was fixed...  However, I lost 15 pounds, stopped and never lost anymore...  Then I had my hips replaced in Aug 10 due to a condition called Avascular necrosis. I am deserate to get this extra weight off.  I still have atleast 70 pounds to lose.  I am researching the band over bypass revision.  I have not gotten any replies on that site.  Just looking to see if anyone knows any docs in louisiana that will do that type of revision.
I do not want to go to Mexico to have this done.  I have Tricare Prime insurance.  Wondering if I should go back to my revision doc to see what else I can do?... Worried cuz I do not want to look like a failure(I know I am in the weight loss dept:(  

Thanks!

Starting weight-375
Current- 270
Revision Surgeon- Dr.Warden-Slidell
Michelle H.
on 8/28/10 1:25 pm - Canada
have you looked in to the DS? Post over there you will find many RNY to DS revisions over there that have had great success with long term results.

carvelo
on 8/29/10 6:55 am
Thank u :)   Is there another site specifically for RNY to DS revisions?
Cyndie B.
on 9/12/10 7:45 am
I also am tricare prime, I had my stoma repaired a year ago and only lost 7 lbs but have gained back 12.  I am so depressed!!!!!!!  I doubt that tricare would pay for another revision.  Also, would any one in Mexico even be trust worthy to do another sugery??? What do you think??

carvelo
on 9/25/10 7:44 am
Hi Cyndi,

I am sorry u r going through this too.  It is a terrible thing to go through another surg and then not have any results.  I just went to my PCM for a referal so I can go back and see the doc that did my stoma revision last Apr. He will most likely do a scope to see what is up with the stoma now.  I am now looking into the DS.  I think that is my only hope of ever getting the rest of this weight off!  Where r u located?

Carmen
SamyM
on 8/31/10 1:16 pm
HI, I am looking into doint the same procedure for a revision. I have gained too since my bypass in 2005 I've done a lot of research and seems the Band over the Bypass is better in the long run than the Stomafix or ROSE. The data is coming in now to support that. I still would love to know from anyone that's had it done over 6 months ago, or a year, how they are doing.

You're not a failure, but I too feel the same way. I guess its more common than we think to gain back some of the weight.

keep in touch if you learn more. Good luck : ) 

Most Active