Upper GI Results...

Texas_Saphire
on 8/26/10 1:18 pm - McAllen, TX
Hi all,

Today was my 2nd step into the realm of a possible revision. I had my endoscopy today. Doc came in after the procedure and told me his suspicions were correct. Obviously my pouch is larger...but, apparently I have a leak and he used other medical terms to exlplain the "mechanical failure"....sorry but I was groggy from being under.

Anywho, i asked why he recommended the band and not another RNY and  he stated that because I've had 3 prior surgeries to remove adhesions, he thinks that because all of my complications that I've had in the past 5 years...that the lap band would be far more beneficial in my case. Mind you, he performs pretty much every type of weight loss surgery, RNY, lap-band, sleeve, etc.

So...at this point, I guess the paperwork will be submitted to my insurance company (BC/BS Fed) and I will just wait and see what they say...and then I'll continue the process.

Scared, happy, and nervous!

Ha
vitalady
on 8/27/10 9:38 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Sooooooooo, you have a staple line disruption?

So, let me paqraphrase what I think I just heard.

"So, you have a leak in your gas tank. It will always leak and eventually have to b fixed or Bad Things Will Happen. But for now, I'm going to sell you a shiny new TIRE, because my quote is off, and it's easy to do. Besides you'll be back with the regain from the SLD, anyway."

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Most Active