approved by ins. but surgery date next yr w. dr. greenbaum

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/10 3:37 pm
my 1st consult was dec of 09. all the requirements for insurance approval done by july '10. aetna approved me about  2 weeks ago and Dr Greenbaum's office is telling me my surgery will be next yr aproximately in feb '11. this is so unfair, unbeliveble and depressing. I can't do this, I'm tired of waiting and going tru all this, now for nothing. I'm so emotionally drained. I don't know what to do. Its not like I can take all my paperwork and go to another surgeon. I'm doing a revision from rny to ds. these type of doc are not all over the place like a regular rny doc.
millikan01
on 8/26/10 2:28 am
DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED!!! There are SOO many people who have the hurdle of first GETTING AN APPROVAL..you already are in the clear!  =) Be happy and try to focus on other things.  If you switched to another surgeon, you may not have to wait.  Actually, it would be easy to transfer the paperwork since they already approved it; all you would have to do is get the new surgeon to do a precertification...thats it!  You are right, there aren't many surgeons that do this type of revision. I am in the process of going with Dr. K in CA. His surgery schedule isnt as full so you may want to try him.  If you think about it, its already just about September. February will be here fast!  It may seem unfair, but thats life and Dr. G is in high demand.  Start planning for your surgery and remember that the hard part is over...CELEBRATE your approval and upcoming Switch!  =)  Good luck!
RNY 9/24/08
Surgery Weight - 344.4 
Revision to DS 9/22/10
Surgery Weight - 231.0 
Plastics 4/14/11 
Surgery Weight - 211.0
Current Weight - 179.8
Goal Weight - 160.0
I am staring at Ambition, shaking hands with Success, and smiling at Determination - What are YOU doing? *smirk*

"They ON IT cause they WANT IT!"

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/10 8:12 am - Bayonne, NJ
Dr. G. is pretty much the only game in town for the east coast. He's in high demand, and the revisions are overwhelming his schedule. You can wait, or you can try to go to one of the others in the NYC area. I think Roslin and Pomp might do those types of revisions, but I know that Dr. Greenbaum has the experience.
(deactivated member)
on 8/26/10 2:23 pm
thanks for the replies. I know I should be happy about getting approved so quickly by Aetna and I am happy I was very nervous that for some reason Aetna was going to give me a hard time. I'm going to have to wait I have no other choice. traveling its not an option I have 2 small children. I know Dr G is one of the best and I dont want to make a wrong move. my jaw dropped when I heard the date. My concern now is that by then aetna is going to require me to do all nutrisionist visits and stuff all over again bc its too much time. wish me luck guys!!!
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/10 10:03 am
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/10 2:08 pm
Thank you tellmewhy. Great idea, I will do that. I'll be calling Aetna as soon as I can to find out what is the time limitation for this apporval.
Most Active