Where are my ERNY's? Input please

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/10 1:09 am
I know there are a few of us here on the board and was hoping to get some insight.

My common channel was shortening to 100cc. My weight loss has been GREAT.  My labs are TERRIBLE and I'm in the process of a revision to lengthen me to 200 cc.

I still have way too many bm's a day. It seems like everything I eat goes through me. I still have the fat/oily type. I thought this would go away... I know too much info but I just don't get it.

Surgeon put me on Pancrease to hopefully try and resolve some of my bm issues. We will see how that works.

I was just curious how everyone else was doing? Any suggestions or advice.. I'm all ears.

Def. afraid to have revision and regain weight.
Tara
Monique H.
on 8/24/10 2:59 am
I would post this over on the DS Board since they have some issues with bm's and labs at times as well. Also vitalady could probably help on the labs.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
MsBatt
on 8/24/10 5:36 am
Definitely talk to Vitalady. She's an ERNY, and a vitamin guru too.
vitalady
on 8/24/10 6:04 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
I'm 100cm common channel. for 16 yrs. Maybe I can help with the labs. have you been on TPN? G or J tubes?

Or rx vites?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/10 11:50 pm
TPN?

No tubes as of now. Surgeon is talking about possible a feeding tube.

I take a ton of vitamins. Vit D 5000ibu, Calcium citrate x 3, Ferragon x3, Multi vitamin, DS essentials x2.  I have low protein lvls, low magnewsium and zinc lvls.

That's all I do is take pills. Yet everytime I go to do my labs they are in the dumps.

Right now my iron is suppose to be 50-150 and mine is at 12. Trying a new iron and hoping to have some luck.

I'm a mess and any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Tara
vitalady
on 8/25/10 10:41 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
And yet, you're not even CLOSE on tyeh doses. That's less than we give BANDS!

No wonder you can't make pro9dgress. Before yu do anything crazy, like rev ising, you might want to try doses that are more appropriate for our surgery.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/10 10:15 pm
What doses are more appropriate?
Deanne K.
on 8/26/10 5:49 am - Tucson, AZ
Tara,
You don't want to be on TPN unless you have too.  If you can't bring up your protein levels you will probably have to be on TPN.  Don't let this get out of hand as coming back from low protein is a very slow process.  Don't let them wait until you are showing other symptoms like swollen legs, blood pressure dropping, just among a few of the symptoms.
Deanne
ERNY
(deactivated member)
on 8/26/10 10:25 pm
TPN? What is this..

I already have swollen legs, low BP.  I'm confused!
Deanne K.
on 8/27/10 2:02 am - Tucson, AZ
Tara,
Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN).  It's is IV nutrition/vitamins.  It's not fun, but it can be life saving.

I would make sure that you are not protein deficient and vitamin deficient.  Seems like you are starting to show signs of malnutrition/malabsorption.  I had all your symptoms and I was put on TPN in May.  It's been 3 months and things have improved greatly.  I have other GI problems that we are now begining to discover.  I probably should not have had any type of WLS to begin with 6 years ago as even pre-surgery my protein levels were always low.  At that time nobody was concerned about my levels.  Everybody's body reacts differently to surgery. 

Do some research on malnutrition/malabsorption and see your surgeon or pcp to discuss. 
Deanne
Most Active