Re- Sleeve VS Revison

PHAT_at42
on 8/23/10 1:28 pm
DS on 03/12/14
I am one year out from VSG.  I lost all restriction and at 6 mos and all weight just halted.  My PCm sent me for a Upper GI to find that I have a dilated upper and lower sleeve...in fact the radiologist said the lower stomach look like it had not been touched.  While I have not regained, the hunger/appetite is back and I know that I will not maintain long term as is.

I have a consult next week with a revision surgeon,DR. Sweither (sp), and  was hoping to get some "been there done that" experiences in advance about my option for revisions.

1. RNY is absolutely out of the question for me.

2. I am hoping for a re-sleeve but from my research have found that it is difficult to re-sleeve and most are not willing to take the  elevated risk of leaks.  I am praying that Dr. S find this to be a doable as despite the issue I have now I still believe this is the best surgery for me and my lifestyle. 

3. I am prepared for him to recommend the DS if he feels that re-sleeving is not a safe option...while I do not want to go to this level I do not want to risk going back to my original weigh and probably more by leave things as is.  However, I have two concern....I only want to lose 50lbs more...and am afraid I will not be able to stop there with the DS.  I am also afraid of having to take the vitamin suppliment for the rest of my life.  I HATE taking pills!!! 

Anyone know of anyone that have been re-sleeved, or a DSer that start with 50 or less pounds to lose?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

m1=23, M2=11, M3=4(had stall for 3wks), M4=6 M5=6 M6=6 M7=4 M8=3

I am a VSG to DS revison!

Most Active