So confused about what to do

ksgrande
on 8/24/10 12:24 am - greencastle, IN
 Hello friends. I recently went to the ROSE seminar and began to jump through some of the hoops. My insurance will not cover, so I will be taking money out of my retirement to pay for a procedure if I chose to do so. The posts on here do not have much good to say about the ROSE. Has anyone had good results from this, or any other revision? It sounds like your success has much to do with how your surgery was preformed initially--according to the surgeon I met with yesterday--He said that RNYs were done very different in 2001, and surgeons also do them very diff. He asked me about lengthes, pouch size etc--all questions I didnt know the answers to. At any rate, I think I will at least continue with his endoscopy and Xray with the color stuff to hear his description of my anatomy. 
MsBatt
on 8/24/10 5:58 am
I strongly urge you to also research the DS, too. Do you know if you were transected when your RNY was done? It's guite possible you weren't, which would make a revision to the DS easier than if you were transected.

If you weren't transected, then you may have a staple-line disruption. You'll need to get 'scoped to get started on really knowing if you have a mechanical failure, etc.
TamaraL
on 8/24/10 9:57 am
I have heard a lot of negative things about the ROSE procedure. Google and do your research. If I was going to have a revision from RNY I would look at what my insurance would cover first and then go from there.

ksgrande
on 8/30/10 5:55 am - greencastle, IN
 Thank you, Im not sure about the "transected " question. I requested my chart notes, and I cant tell ,,,,I guess the new surgeon will do this...I wish I new
MsBatt
on 9/1/10 8:05 am
Transection is where they form the tiny pouch and then cut away the rest of the old stomach. They used to not do this, but they were havingtrouble with staple lines coming apart. Then they started transecting and over-stitching---cured the staple-line failures, but makes it harder to actually put your stomach back together and build a Sleeve, should you want to do this.
Most Active