LB to DS...frustrated!!

ronda-k
on 8/18/10 10:19 pm
 Forgive my impatiens but I have waited YEARS for the DS....having the LB because that's all my Doc's would approve after cancer treatment......fast forward to now and I've been through test after test to prove all is healthy and ok with the band.....except I haven't lost!!  I gave it three years and it hasn't worked...SO...why do we need to add every little vomit episode to the submission papers?
In the mean time, I have developed diabetes and am now on Metforim for that and my lower back and kneed  STILL hurt a lot of the time.
My BMI is now back to 51.....isn't all of that enough??

UGGGGGG

Ronda-SURVIVOR

starting wt-320
pre op-312
current-
Debbie M.
on 8/18/10 11:41 pm
It sounds like your insurance company is putting you in harms way.  How healthy do they expect you to stay with a BMI of 51 and diabetes?  Is there any sort of appeal process you can go through in order to get a DS?
Debbie M.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

ronda-k
on 8/19/10 1:21 am
Debbie-It's not even been submitted as of yet, the gal from my surg. office that does the submission is just trying to be extra prepared......she said that in dealing with ins. companies she comes prepared!  Is this not nuts that the ins. needs all of this!!??  The absurdity of it all!
Ronda-SURVIVOR

starting wt-320
pre op-312
current-
Debbie M.
on 8/19/10 1:39 am

I know it's frustrating,but if every piece of paper and documentation of every breath you take is going to get them to cover your surgery, it will have been worth it.  Hang in there.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

Most Active