Revision to RnY Did Not Help

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/10 2:24 pm
My wife had an RnY in 2006 and lost about 30 lbs. while maintaining a strict diet.  Originally the surgeon bypassed 120 centimeters of her small intestine.  She then had a revision in 2009 where the surgeon bypassed all except the last 100 centimeters of her intestine.  This was considered radical but she has not lost a pound even after that!

Can ANYone, especially bariatric surgeons, offer an explanation of this massive failure in multiple  procedures?  What can be done?
charleston-mom
on 8/18/10 11:59 pm
Perhaps not changing lifestyle and diet?
(deactivated member)
on 8/19/10 10:00 am - Bayonne, NJ
Guess he didn't like that answer.
Hondurian Queen
on 8/19/10 2:19 pm - BOSTON, MA
maybe your wife should call her surgeon to inquire about what is going on. maybe they can help her to get on the right track to lose weight. I pray that she gets the answers she is looking for .

lillybell68
on 8/25/10 11:55 am
Unfortunatley, I have to agree that not changing lifestyle can be a major cause of failure.  I was banded almost two years ago and have changed my lifestyle very little and subsequently lost very little weight.  I am now considering revison, but not withouth seeing a psychologist to explore if there is a psychological reason that I can't change.  My first surgery, I was not required or offered any psychological counseling, so I really wasn't prepared for what to expect.
Most Active