Feeling like a failure

gigi2897
on 8/15/10 7:49 am - Deer Park, TX
Aloha friends!
I have been away for quite a while.  I had my revision from lapband to bypass in december and lost about 15 pounds then started gaining and have finally leveled off after gaining about 30 pounds.  I have been having tons of other health problems so I sometimes wonder if some of the weight gain is from all of the medications I have been taking but it boils down to me feeling like I have failed.  I don't really have any questions or anything like that just thought I would let you all know what was going on.  I have made the decision to really work at getting back on track.  Exercise is pretty tough for me because I have 3 herniated disks in my lower backso movement is quite painful.  I am trying to figure out what I can do to get myself moving.  If anyone has any suggestions let me know.   Definately know I need to be here on the board to continue to learn from others and to get some much needed support!  Thanks for listening.
Ginger

Moe Linda
on 8/15/10 8:16 am - Sullivan, MO
You are not alone. Keep your head up and just keep trying. I don't know what you can do to exercise but any movement is helpful. Good luck.
Moe~Linda
JRinAZ
on 8/15/10 12:46 pm - Layton, UT
On August 15, 2010 at 2:49 PM Pacific Time, gigi2897 wrote:
Aloha friends!
I have been away for quite a while.  I had my revision from lapband to bypass in december and lost about 15 pounds then started gaining and have finally leveled off after gaining about 30 pounds.  I have been having tons of other health problems so I sometimes wonder if some of the weight gain is from all of the medications I have been taking but it boils down to me feeling like I have failed.  I don't really have any questions or anything like that just thought I would let you all know what was going on.  I have made the decision to really work at getting back on track.  Exercise is pretty tough for me because I have 3 herniated disks in my lower backso movement is quite painful.  I am trying to figure out what I can do to get myself moving.  If anyone has any suggestions let me know.   Definately know I need to be here on the board to continue to learn from others and to get some much needed support!  Thanks for listening.
Ginger
Hiya Ginger!
So, you're saying your revision in Dec 09 hasn't given you the outcome you expected?  ......  I'm so sorry about your lower back pain and inability to exercise but that alone shouldn't keep you from losing with the right surgery.

I had 2 revisions= 3 weight loss surgeries.

Maybe you should consider a revision to a DS?  I'll bet your herniated disks would be less painful if you could get some of your weight off.

Going  back on track is good for all of us!  I'm with you on that!!!

Your medications could very well have contributed to your lack of weight loss.  Don't beat yourself up friend!  But....do get another opinion from a vetted revision surgeon.

........and did you know that some of the pain meds (Nsaids) that you can't take with your Rny CAN be taken with the DS?  That alone may help you qualify for a DS revision if you're interested in one.

Hang in there!  This forum is for all of us who tuck tail and think we've failed.  I'm glad you've returned for support!

Big hugggzzz friend!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Lorie2
on 8/17/10 2:34 am
Hi Joyce!
How are you feeling? Are things healing good for you? Just wondering obout the issues we were both having. Mine has resloved, no smell and no problem absorbing protein. Just wonder how things are going for you.  Take care and I wish the the best!!

Lori
someday I'm going to get a picture on here of me!!
JRinAZ
on 8/17/10 4:03 am - Layton, UT
On August 17, 2010 at 9:34 AM Pacific Time, Lorie2 wrote:
Hi Joyce!
How are you feeling? Are things healing good for you? Just wondering obout the issues we were both having. Mine has resloved, no smell and no problem absorbing protein. Just wonder how things are going for you.  Take care and I wish the the best!!

Lori
someday I'm going to get a picture on here of me!!
Hi there friend!

It's good to hear from you though I admit to following your fun family adventures with your son's sports over on fb:)

I'm so glad your issues have resolved!  Mine too!!!!!  Woooo HOOOOOOOOOOO!  Isn't great to get ourselves out of the comode and into life again!!!!

Dr. Keshishian lengthened my common channel from 20 centimeters (I know!  Huh?!) to 110 so I've been absorbing protein and vites and my energy is great!  I just finished several weeks of physical therapy for my CORE and actually have some gut muscles again!!!!  LOL!

Yup...odor and diarrhea disappeared immediately post-op DS!!! 

I'm back to loving life and now love my DS!  I sooooo wish I'd have run into informed and honest surgeon's before I went through the Rny and ERny crap!!!! 

Dr. Keshishian took an impossible task (as seen by other Bariatric surgeons) and made it a piece of cake!!!  I highly recommend him to anyone who has been told that a revision to a DS is impossible!!!!  He gets a kick out of the big challenges!!

I'm just about to take off on a 1 month road trip to see friends and family I haven't seen in ages!  I'll be all by myself but will follow my protein drink and exercise routine while i'm traveling.  My hubby will fly into a couple of the bigger cities to join me for part of the trip.  Life is great!

Hugggzzz friend!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Hondurian Queen
on 8/19/10 2:35 pm - BOSTON, MA
I just wanted to let you know that you are not a failure. I think you sould get a second opinion on what you can do to lose the weight. I had 2 weight loss surgeries as well . I gained 20 lbs back but will not and refuse to give up on losing the weight I know I can lose. I believe in you my friend you will achieve your goal. take care and stop putting yourself down

Most Active