Hopeless

Penny9000
on 8/15/10 5:29 am
hello,

I usually read this board often, but I never posted.
I had a gastric bypass on May 1998.  I had my surgery at
Mount Sinai Hospital in Flushing Queens.
My doctor is Stephen Merola. The surgery went well and I lost 100 lbs. For the past year I have been gaining the weight back again.  I am currently 200 lbs and I am still watching what I eat.
I made an appointment with Dr. Merola and his bariatric coordinator came to ask me why do I want to see the doctor.  He finally came in and he didn't even check me.  He told me that I still had my pouch and it's still the same size as when he did the surgery.  He never once checked me.  I asked him if he does reversion surgery and he told me that the surgery is a gimmick and no doctor does that type of surgery.  He told me to join a gym and to come back in three months.
I was upset and all my hopes are gone.
Please does anyone know of a doctor in NY who does reversions from gastric bypass to DS or lap ban.

dana712
on 8/15/10 5:36 am
Dr . William Inabnet in Mt Sinai .I just had a consulation with him for a RNY to DS revision. He said it would be done in 2 stages. First the vsg then the intenstial part.

Dana
Debbie M.
on 8/15/10 8:52 am
What an awful doctor.  I'm so sorry you've gone through that.  There are very few reputable, RNY to DS revision surgeons in the country.  The two I've personally met are Rabkin and Keshishian, you couldn't go wrong with either of them but they are in California.  I believe there is another in the east coast but honestly don't know his name, I'm sure someone will come along and let you know.  If not,  you should cross post on the DS board.
Also, do yourself a favor and stay away from the lapband.  The 2 surgeries revised most frequently are the lap band and RNY.  I speak from experience!
Best of luck,
Debbie M.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

Most Active