Scared

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/10 4:26 pm - San Jose, CA
"There's none so blind as those who will not see."

The OP deleted her thread on the DS board, and has blocked me (and I'll bet you as well). 

Oh well, she'll find out what she got the hard way.
ricki
on 8/14/10 9:31 pm
On August 13, 2010 at 7:56 PM Pacific Time, seamonkie wrote:
When I was 17 years old (2002) I had gastric bypass RNY and lost alot of weight (over 200lbs) I than got a hernia and started to gain weight back(120lb over 5 years). Long story short I had given up on life because no dr would fix my hernia im in pain most of the time and last month everything changed. I went in because I thought I was having a heart attack I was having A fib - meaning my heart was going 180bpm at resting. After they got my heart rate down my chest was still killing me but part of me thought maybe hernia is worse who knows but it was gaul stones! Go in for one thing come out with another. Than an Angel came to me Dr. H and he said he is ganna fix everything. I didnt get my hopes up and today I got a call asking if next week would be ok for surgery!!!! They are going to fix my large hernia take out my gail bladder and do a revision (Duodenal Switch)

HAs any one has a Duodenal Switch as a revision from open RNY?
 As well you should be scared.  Your surgeon isn' t a revision surgeon.  He's got a bad, bad track record.  Find yourself a good revision surgeon and stay alive to enjoy your life thin and happy with the DS.  No one is telling you this to prevent you from having a revision.  Just not a revision with Hoddinett.  
stormy918
on 8/14/10 9:35 pm
Hoddinott is NOT a revision surgeon. Hes not even a vetted DS surgeon.

What you are describing is NOT a DS but an ERNY. Its not really a good surgery. Be very careful...check this out thourghly. You dont want to be forced to have another surgery in a yr or so to try and fix this mess.

There are only a handful of qualified REVISION surgeons in the US. He aint one of em.

Run .... do not walk...away from this guy.

Darlene    DS ..9-19-06
OFFICIAL ANGEL
Kryst.......6-27-07
KellyKirk........8-6-07  now our DS FOREVER ANGEL....I will always remember
BettyBoop.....2-26-08
Jewel506...5-26-10
Ragamuffin...9-29-10
185# gone forever

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/10 5:48 am - Bayonne, NJ
1. Cancel this surgery.

2. Look into real, vetted revision surgeons who will give you a DS revision.

3. Listen to the people who took the time to write to you here, they're trying to save your life.  People who ignore their collective advice often find themselves very, very ill.
StacysMom
on 8/15/10 12:18 pm
With some of these pre-op patients, I think that "stupidity" must be carried somewhere in the fat cells!   LOL  

I'm sure we'll be seeing this woman back on here again in 9 months or so, either complaining that she "hasn't lost any weight" or that she's weak and has bad labs -- maybe then, she'll listen!

Like we haven't seen others go this route before??  
justmeny
on 8/26/10 10:49 am
Is there any reason why your posts are nasty and condescending?  Do you honestly know everything there is to know about everything?  No need to reply because I've already blocked you.
Janis
April 2006: lap band
SW: 256, LW: 201
Planning revision to VSG
Most Active