Excited About Dr. Husted

JROLFSON
on 8/10/10 8:34 am - St. George, UT
HI TO ALL MY REVISION FORUM FRIENDS:

I know most of you Revision Posters already know that Dr. Husted has moved to Arizona and is embarking on a new practice in Phoenix...How exciting to know that one of the best Weight Loss Surgeons in the country will now be in the Southwest....

I believe he will do surgery at St. Lukes Hospital...I can't express how excited I am and can't wait to get my Husband out to see him...

Dr. Husted has an excellent reputation and goes out of his way to answer any and all questions up to and including personal emails and phone calls...

Good Luck to you Dr. Husted and welcome, welcome to the Southwest...

On another note....I haven't posted an update on me in quite a while and wanted to let all of you know how I'm doing...I had ERNY Surgery back in May of 2009...I weighed in on day of liquid diet 214 and today I weigh 140....These results are not always indicative of an ERNY and I feel probably wasn't the best route for me to take, but, insurance and financial reasons made my decision for me.  But, I have to admit to date I feel really good and my labs are in acceptable ranges...I'm hoping it maintains...Hope all my friends out there are doing well and I do miss seeing and reading your inspirational posts...

JRolfson
(deactivated member)
on 8/10/10 2:06 pm - San Jose, CA
I would encourage anyone who is thinking of using Dr. Husted to come over to the DS forum and ask questions about him.  Do your due diligence.
JRinAZ
on 8/11/10 1:28 am - Layton, UT
Janie,

There are several recent threads you may want to look into regarding Dr. Husted.  .... 

I'm looking forward to possibly seeing you in a couple of weeks.

I'll catch up with you on fb

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

JROLFSON
on 8/11/10 7:58 am - St. George, UT
That is great Joyce...I hope to get to see you while your here...I'll be really mad if you come through and I don't get to see you :( 

I'll check out fb, Love you sweet friend!

Janie
(deactivated member)
on 8/11/10 1:55 am
It's always great to hear positive things about the ERNY. Keep up the hard work. Wish I could say the same. Weightloss is fabulous but my labs are not well at all. I'm having a lot of issues and actually go to see the surgeon today. Probably another surgery. BOOOO!!

Hugs to you and congrats on your success!
Tara
JROLFSON
on 8/11/10 8:03 am - St. George, UT
Tara:

When was your ERNY? I remember seeing and talking with you here but can't remember the time of your surgery nor how short they went on your common channel?

Honestly I don't feel I did myself any favors by the choice I made because I know a lot of people who are experiencing problems with this procedure...I however to date have been pretty good...I'm due for a new set of labs again and the problem is it's so darn costly...Everytime I get a full set of labs it costs me $600.00 and that's after the insurance...

How much weight have you lost and what about your labs is bad? What are your main issues? If you entertain a new surgery, what would that be?

Hugs to you back and I look forward to hearing from you...I feel a great kinship with all my WL Surgery friends but especially those who have been down the same road as I...

Janie
stillhopefull
on 8/12/10 8:46 am
Janie,
I am confused.  You are excited here about Dr. Husted but on the Arizona board I don't think you had the same enthusiasm.  Please advise.  Are you a Husted fan or a Husted better think again?

for kjfras (Kerry) 

Terry     
JRinAZ
on 8/12/10 2:34 pm - Layton, UT
On August 12, 2010 at 3:46 PM Pacific Time, stillhopefull wrote:
Janie,
I am confused.  You are excited here about Dr. Husted but on the Arizona board I don't think you had the same enthusiasm.  Please advise.  Are you a Husted fan or a Husted better think again?

Are you sure it was Janie that posted on the AZ board?  She's not from AZ so I don't think she's ever posted there. ..... .  ....  Her post leads me to believe that she's looking for a DS for her hubby now. 

I'm sure she'll continue to research him and others though before she decides.

Hopefully she pops back in and gives her story.....I just didn't want you to think she was an AZ gal advertising him.  She's from Utah and has not had Husted as her surgeon. 

Good luck with your research and your revision journey!!!!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

stillhopefull
on 8/12/10 2:44 pm
 I do apologize it was posted on the DS board.  My mistake.

JROLFSON
St. George, UT
Revision (05/20/09) Member Since: 09/28/07
[Latest Posts]

After reading every post in this thread I want to tell you, I'm no beginner at WLS...(3) under my belt, I'm ashamed to say, original stomach stapling, revision to rny and revision to erny...I was one of the Husted cheerleaders at one time and actually had made the decision to make the treck to Kentucky...But money, insurance just wasn't in the cards for me...But the DS is what I always wanted...I ended up with an ERNY...Need I say more....

I read throughout these posts all the pros and cons surrounding Dr. Husted and honestly how do you trust a surgeon who moves, and moves, and moves, and moves? It's a huge factor and question and in reference to his surgical skill...wasn't he the surgeon who left a surgical tool in the body cavity of a patient that became seriously infected and the patient nearly lost their life? Hmmmm?

But the biggest thing for me and what sent me to check out Dr. K was Dr. Husted who told me by phone that if I couldn't come to Kentucky that there was no better surgeon in the "WORLD" than Dr. K....Yep right out of the Dr.'s mouth himself...I just wished I had gone to Dr. K in the very, very first place because I lived in Bakersfield for 30 years and he was in my own backyard the whole time...Dumb, really, really dumb...

For anyone contemplating surgery especially revisions...be smart...don't just listen to the cheerleaders for one surgeon on this board...get on the websites in the counties where the surgeons practice and enter their names in the court websites to see if they have previous, pending or closed malpractice suits...Check with the AMA...check with the state medical boards...Do your homework...Don't consider a surgeon who has moved his practice every 3-4 years...

I consider myself lucky because I was one of those taken in by experiences of others on this board...so desperate to lose weight again...What I mean by that is I ended up with a type of surgery I really didn't want, by a surgeon that turns out is not always honest and has a few unscrupulous ways...Again, I was lucky I've done well with my revision but I should have been more diligent and not in such a hurry to get it done...I'm just saying...don't be so desperate that your willing to give your life for it...

JRolfson
 for kjfras (Kerry) 

Terry     
StacysMom
on 8/13/10 7:54 pm
JRolfson said:  "What I mean by that is I ended up with a type of surgery I really didn't want, by a surgeon that turns out is not always honest and has a few unscrupulous ways."

I think the confusion here lies in the assumption that Janie had Dr. Husted as her revision surgeon.    She did not end up using him.   Dr. Schlesinger was the surgeon that did her last revision.  

Dr. Schlesinger used to come onto the revision boards back in 2008 fishing for patients and pushing his aggressive ERNY as the "be all and end all" to solve everyone's weight gain problems and he procured quite a few "fish" to fly across the country so that he could give them a surgery that they probably could have gotten closer to home.   He also confused several patients into thinking the surgery he was giving them was the "hard to find" RNY to DS revision, when it was only the ERNY!!
Most Active