VSG regrets?

jenbaby
on 8/9/10 1:40 pm
VSG on 09/20/10 with
Hello! I am considering having the VSG done and was wondering if anyone had a bad expereicnes with the VSG? Did you get a revision? Why do you think this surgery not work for you?

Thanks for sharing with me. This is such a big decision, I want to have as much info as possible.

Thanks again! 

Jen
MsBatt
on 8/10/10 7:26 am
I had the DS, so I have a VSG stomach, and I love it. But I also have malabsorption, which I credit with keeping me from regaining.

The VSG is the best choice IF you want a restriction-only surgery. I knew that *I* needed malabsorption, or I WOULD regain everything I lost, just like I did with every diet I ever tried.

liveinphx
on 8/13/10 6:41 am - Phoenix, AZ
I had the sleeve done just over 2 years ago and I have NO regrets. I lost 135 lbs in the first 10 mos and have easily kept that off since with no regain.
I chose to have a surgery that did not invovled malabsorbtion as I did not wanted to be wedded to a sringent vitamin/supplement regime or risk major health complications.
VSG was the best choice for me. It allows me to eat normal portions of normal foods without having to diet or do low fat, low calorie. I am mindful of carbs but that would be true of all of the procedures.
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
Most Active