revision surgery will now be 2 not 1

Road Less Travelled
on 8/7/10 11:08 am
VSG on 12/13/10 with
Seems that's what he like to do - plus he's consulted with his peers and they advised this also. 

Where the band is - is the location for the greatest chance of leaks -- from 3% to 20% chance of a leak if I have the revision in one surgery

so band out - then wait 9-12 weeks for next surgery --- aaaarrrrggghhhhh

I want to be safe so I'll deal - but my fluid has been out of my band since Thursday and I've been starving - and NO it's not head hunger it's pit of the stomach I am hungry going to be sick feeling I have not had in 3 yrs
Jennifer D.
on 8/7/10 5:51 pm
Hi Donna
I feel for you but it's a good thing you know ahead of time. I was expecting to wake up with a DS and instead have a VSG. Sucks as far as spending money and time to travel to surgeon.
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
emjayel56
on 8/9/10 8:48 pm - Boynton Beach,, FL
I had a lapband and revised to gastric bypass last August.  My surgeon did it laparascopically and all in one procedure.  They were very concerned about complications because I had two lapband surgeries (replaced a band band with a new band) and a hiatel hernia surgery so there was alot of scar tissue.  However I have had no complications and very happy with my RNY.  Some of this depends on the surgeon's experience with revisions.  Whatever your surgeon is comfortable with will work fine for you.  Better to be cautious. Good luck.  Maryjo

BELOW GOAL WEIGHT... LOST 151 LBS AND CURRENTLY WEIGH 138 LBS.  ... Maryjo

lovemypugs
on 8/10/10 3:25 am - VA
Maybe you could consult with another surgeon not in the same practice and get their opinion.
MsBatt
on 8/10/10 7:15 am
I'd get a second opinion. Your surgeon doesn't seem to have done very many revisions. What are you planning on revising to?
Angela R.
on 8/28/10 7:08 am - Jewett City, CT
Well Donna better safe then sorry right?  but having to wait more grrrr.. I would be frustrated too.. My doctor is going to go ahead and take my band out and do the RNY at the same time.. its a 6 hour surgery.
Angela 
Revision Surgery from Lapband to Gastric Bypass... 1/3/11
Start 290 / Now 208/oal 180 (Doctor set goal)

Most Active