requirements for a revision???

Amanda P.
on 8/5/10 6:28 pm - Salyersville, KY
hello, i had gastric bypass 4 yrs ago in sept and i lost 120 lbs and have regained around 70 back. i have been thinking about having a revision and would like to know what the requirments are. is it the same as if youd never had surgery before or what. when i had my surgery you didnt have to do the 6 mth diet so i was wondering if id have to do it and have all the tests i had before. any help would be great and also anyone thats had a revision from gastric to ds if you would please share your info. thanks alot...

smileyjamie72
on 8/6/10 2:23 am - Palmer, AK
Not sure what your insurance policy says about a revision??

Just make sure you check into RNY to DS revision surgeons!!  They need to be qualified!!  There is a good list on DS facts.com

Also, you should post this on the DS messageboard.  That board moves faster & there are plenty of revisions on that bord, to help you research & decide what is best for you!!

I am still jumping through hoops a year & 1/2 later... so I have no revision experience, but I do know that there are only about 5 surgeons in the US that do the RNY to DS revisions!!!  Dr. K and Dr. Rabkin in California, Dr. Greenbaum on the East Coast, and Dr. Hustead in Airzona, and I know there are 1 or 2 more, but I cannot think of their names... maybe someone will chime in on that!! 

Hope this helps!!  Good Luck!!!
-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

no1lared
on 8/11/10 2:21 am - Humble, TX
Revision on 06/15/10 with
I had my revision from VBG to RNY on June 15.  I went to see a Dr that specialized in revisions and extreme cases.  I saw him on April 26 for the first time and the only reason it took as long as it did was because I couldn't get off work till June 15 to do the surgery.  My insurance didn't have a problem at all since I was having issues with vomitting, heartburn, hiatal hernia, etc.  It totally depends on what is the reason you are gaining weight.  My revision was done more to fix my health problems so that is why I think it went so quickly versus just the fact that I gained weight.  Good luck to you and I know the heartache of gaining it back. 

Most Active