Help with revision decision-Dr. Keshishian/Dr. Foote

Lorie2
on 8/5/10 2:49 pm
yes my common channel is 200cm I have no issues at this point and am maintaining my weight.
Ladytazz
on 8/5/10 1:08 pm
My common channel was 100 and now I believe it is 200.  All I know is that diarrhea and gas are gone!  Now I am a little worried about constipation :(
I don't know abut body odor.  No one told me but I do have more confidence without the gas and the terrible odor that came with it.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

mew6495
on 8/5/10 2:24 pm - MI
I am hearing Dr. K is one of the best as far as revisions to DS and probably one of the surgeons who can give you the best chance at it.  He does have a program fee of $4k but worth it if it takes care of your issues and you live a healthy, less smellier life.  ;-) 

lwillis22
on 8/5/10 9:47 pm
Four thousand dollars????? Are you kidding??? I didn't know that...WOW!  I don't think I can afford that as I would also have about two thousand in expenses just to get out there and stay there for the time he needs me to after surgery.

JRinAZ
on 8/6/10 2:08 am - Layton, UT
On August 6, 2010 at 4:47 AM Pacific Time, lwillis22 wrote:
Four thousand dollars????? Are you kidding??? I didn't know that...WOW!  I don't think I can afford that as I would also have about two thousand in expenses just to get out there and stay there for the time he needs me to after surgery.

Sticker Shock Lori!  Think about it and talk with your family.  It stopped me in my tracks for a few days too but I looked in the mirror and realized I couldn't afford to put my life in the hands of anyone else (for me).  I got more than my moneys worth.  ......  I didn't realize how bad my quality of life was until I woke up a couple of weeks post revision with Dr. K and marveled at the new me!!!  .....  The big batch of products I had stocked in my bathroom for my pre revision life, is still there.....not needed any longer!  I feel like someone sprung me out of jail!!!  ....living life very liberated and happy now!

Maybe you could compare expenses with Dr. Rabkin?  There's a surgeon in Montreal that is from the U.S. that has an outstanding reputation for Revisions from Rny to DS.

Dr. K's office has finance options.  But in this crazy/awful economy.......that kind of money can be huge!!!  .....  What a dilema though when we have to consider selling ourselves short.

You're in my prayers friend!!!!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

mew6495
on 8/6/10 7:33 am - MI
On August 6, 2010 at 4:47 AM Pacific Time, lwillis22 wrote:
 I know I would be in the same boat if things were reversed.  But if I was going to have someone take down and reconstruct my pouch I would want the best, as it is a very complicated procedure and already carries a certain amount of elevated risk due to this.  To me, not worth even more risk for a bit of money if you are comparing quality of life and such.  But that is just me.  There are other doctors out there as well.  Do your research.  You will find what you need.  Just don't settle for what you don't really want.

Most Active