Need a little help Upper GI results and Revision

sosoclark
on 8/4/10 12:29 am - Sacramento, CA
Well here I go again but at least this time the results were a little more promising than the previous testing that was conducted. I haven’t actually read the report for myself but it sounded promising from the brief summation of the nurse yesterday. So according to the report my pouch is still in tack and of its original size 3cc to 5cc, however, he made mention of the rapid movement through the pouch (no restriction). I laughed when she was reading the report and telling me about the size of my pouch I should only be able to eat 3 maybe 4 bites of food and be totally full.   My question you revision DS that need mechanical failure as proof of failed surgery will this be enough to get me approved for a revision to DS? My plan is to call my pc today and request the referral to see Dr. K (we have been waiting on these results). I am praying that the language in the report is enough to get me approved for surgery.   Well I will keep everyone posted on the outcome.

Sophia
smileyjamie72
on 8/4/10 5:28 am - Palmer, AK
I think that answer would depend on what your insurance wants?  I would assume that your rapid movement/fast follow through would qualify as a mechanial failure.  But I am thinking, maybe the doctor's office would know?  Are you going to Glendale, or Delano?

I have to repeat 2 tests that have expired!!!  Psych & nutrition evaluations.  Have a call in to get my psych scheduled & an e-mail with Diana in Glendale for the Nutrition, over-the phone.

Keep us POSTED!!!!
-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

sosoclark
on 8/5/10 12:38 am - Sacramento, CA
I'm thinking of just flying into Burbank since the flight is only 1 hour Glendale isn't to far from the airport. I also seen an ad for $49 each way on southwest so I figure it will be better for me that way. I am hoping to hear something from my PCP in the next few days once the authorization is approved.

Sophia
shele
on 8/5/10 4:53 am

I had an open stoma, and that got me the revision after an initial denial, I made a phone call or two and explained things to my ins co-ordinator and she got it approved for me pretty quickly.

Good Luck~

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

sosoclark
on 8/5/10 5:25 am - Sacramento, CA
Thanks Shele!!!! I just got a call about 20 min ago and my doctor office was trying to figure out how to put it through. I told her to put the DS down and if they question her I would give her a better description. So for now I will just sit back and wait to hear something next week for the open stoma issue.

How are thing going with you? I recall reading something about you trying to get another procedure done?? 

Sophia
Most Active