Revision Surgeons?

Jennifer D.
on 7/28/10 2:30 pm
Dr. Gagner is in Montreal - as Terry mentioned. He'll be doing my RNY to DS on FridAY. I have heard of US insurance plans approving surgery with him. He is world renowned and he does not charge thousands of dollars extra in "program fees" as some other DS surgeons do.
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
GloryG
on 7/28/10 9:00 pm
Thanks, Jennifer, good luck tomorrow!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 7/29/10 7:59 am
I'm from NC and I took the train to NJ to have my revision done by Dr Greenbaum!
MKinchie
on 7/30/10 5:50 am - Fairfax, VA

Dr. Hazem Elariny in Northern Virgina would be another option for you.  Nothing but great comments about him.  I am scheduled 8/27 for RNY (2002) to DS.......

GloryG
on 7/30/10 7:47 am
 Thanks, and good luck!!!
Kimberley H.
on 8/1/10 3:49 pm - Winston-Salem, NC

I have had the lap-band for ten years and I am ready for a revision too.

I went to a workshop Dr. David Voellinger did in Charlotte and he said it would be no problem for him to do a revision to a DS for me.

I plan on looking into it more closely. My BMI is 35, so I hope that's not a problem.

Good luck:)

Kim
GloryG
on 8/1/10 10:21 pm
 Thanks, Kim. It looks like Voellinger and Dr. Sudan at Duke are the two NC surgeons doing the DS. Dr. Sudan said he could do it as well.  Good luck to you, too! You might have some challenges with your BMI if you don't have any co-morbidities, but it depends on your insurance. Keep me posted!
Glory
Kimberley H.
on 8/25/10 6:21 pm - Winston-Salem, NC
Hi Glory,

I'm mailing in my complete packet today. I'll let you know what happens.

I have HBP and high cholesterol, so I think that may help, strange as that is.

I believe I could be successful with the RNY too if needed.

I just need a bandectomy.
Kimberley H.
on 8/28/10 3:22 am - Winston-Salem, NC

I've just heard some negative things about Voellinger. Did some research and he just settled a law suit. I researched Dr. Sudan and he has no legal issues. I'm also hearing he is one of the best in the country.

Most Active