revision band to bypass BUT....

Monica W.
on 7/26/10 1:41 am
my doctor with my consent of course will leave the band in only if there is not any ersosion, etc... if so band will come out and I will wait six weeks and then have the bypass done. I have pre-op on 7/29 and surgery is scheduled for 8/9. I'm a ball of emotions right now.
mrlddst
on 7/26/10 8:37 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I think all pre-ops are. I'm jittery now. I have a revision scheduled for the July 29th. So during your surgery the doctor is going to leave the band in place and abort the bypass if everything is okay? What can they tell from the Upper GI?
Monica W.
on 7/27/10 5:50 am
His plan is to go in and undo the band do the bypass and redo the band. He said if he goes in and my band has eroded into my stomach he will take the band out and that will be it for the time being come back in six weeks and do the bypass.
Becca63
on 8/8/10 1:42 pm - New Braunfels, TX
Monica, I feel your pain. They unfilled my band the 1rst of July when they found it had slipped pretty severly and they were able to take out the fluid so the doctor gave me all of July and August to heal and then I go in for a revision. Do to some other medical issues the doctor is not sure if he is going to be able to rfevise to a RNY or a sleeve gastrectomy. Depending the amount of none related damage will be the deciding factor, Though I love my band  I am fully trusting my surgeoun and what he needs to go to help me. Just think, I will wake up with a totally surprise procedure and then a 6-8 week surgery as for that long I am going to be unable to lift more thatn 10 pounds,

Becca from South Texas.

Most Active