Anyone Have a Good Letter of Medical Necessity

Monique H.
on 7/23/10 6:16 am
My insurance denied me saying that I don't meet any of the requirements for medical necessity. My request from Dr. K stated that I had hypoglycemia and my insurance says that you must have hypoglycemia or should I say absorbtion issues that cause hypoglycemia in order for it to be considered medically necessary. I'm going to appeal and base it on that, but I also wanted to include a well written letter of medical necessity with it. I still have sleep apnea and am borderline diabetic as well, but my blood sugar levels keep dropping as low as in the 40's. I seem to have writer's block or am just really afraid that what I write won't be good enough. All help is appreciated. I'm going to post on the ds board as well, but thought I would post here too just in case someone had to do the same thing and was successful. Thanks everyone!
Monique
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Britt U.
on 7/26/10 11:04 am - Mill Creek, WA
Are you trying to prove medical necessity for a revision or s first time surgery?

If for revision here's what I wrote (my case is still in process).

http://vsgappeal.blogspot.com/2010/05/final-letter-why-revis ion-doesnt.html
Most Active