Anyone have revision with United Health Insurance?

Mschif78
on 7/23/10 8:59 am - Southeastern, MA
I am meeting with my surgeon on Monday to talk about revision from band to RNY. We have already had this convo, so I am assuming it will be ok with her b/c I have had problems with the band since the day I got it in 2006. 

I just changed insurance from Blue cross to United Health!  Has anyone had revisions approved with United Health Care?

Kerry
karenh1127
on 7/23/10 10:56 am - Deer Park, TX
I am having band to rny on Aug 3 and I have UHC POS thru Union Pacific RR (hubby's job) and they are paying for it 100%.  I too have had trouble with lapband since 2005.  It depends on your coverage but overall UHC is good.  My coverage is great as long as it is with in network drs and facilities.  Good luck!

R. Wesley
on 7/23/10 11:02 am - Houston, TX
I just had a revison on 07/1310 and I have United Healthcare insurance. I have UHC POS, but I was told I could only have One surgery per life time, and they approved my surgery for Lap Band to RNY. So it does depend on your policy and how good your doctors office is on getting your surgery approved. Good Luck
mallrat
on 7/23/10 7:15 pm - St Peters, MO
I also have United Healhcare and am having a revision from band to VSG on Aug 16.  I have had 2 bands since 2006 and 3 slips.   UHC approved my revision with no problem.   I think it just depends on your policy.   Good luck.  
stillhopefull
on 7/23/10 10:42 pm
 I  have UCH and I have a once in a life time clause on my policy.  You need to check with your insurance for such clause when trying to have a revision.
 for kjfras (Kerry) 

Terry     
yamen
on 8/5/10 1:09 pm - Richmond, TX

I just got approval from Band to VSG and it was a B***h to get. They put me through so many changes. But in the end they approved. Be persistant. They have a clause in the bariatric policy. If you have failed weight loss with the band you are eligable for a revision.

stillhopefull
on 8/5/10 10:28 pm
I have UCH PPO and they have a once in a lifetime clause.  So be sure you get the surgery you need.  I am currently trying to go from RNY to DS and fighting UCH to get approval.  RNY in 2002 and regained 90 lbs so far.  RNY worked for the first 6 years now slowly creeping back up.  Good luck.
 for kjfras (Kerry) 

Terry     
Most Active