10 wks post op from band to bypass and losing 2 lbs per week

skifan1
on 7/23/10 6:32 am - OH

Had my band removed on May 11, 2010 with no complications and had gastric bypass done in same procedure.  Everything went great.  I weighed 209 on the day of surgery.  Lost 17 lbs at my 6 wk follow up and surgeon was not pleased.  Gave me a lecture about exercising every single day, 7 days per week for 1 hr.  So, I 'm doing that.  Eating around 900-1000 calories a day, nut said that was fine.  Nut wants 60 grms of protein per day.  No problem.  Getting all my protein, water and taking all my vitamins.  I'm only losing 2 lbs per week!!!   I had gastric bypass to lose 2 lbs per week.  I am only 10 weeks out from surgery and this is supposed to be the time that I am losing weight the fastest because when you hit 6 mos the weight loss slows.  I am doing everything they told me to do.  Any advice on speeding up the weight loss??? 

terilynn112
on 7/24/10 12:24 am - maryland, NY
First off, you went in as a lightweight (as I am) and you will loose slowly because of it. You in my opinion are doing great. I'd die for 2 pound loss a week. I'm either holding steady or right around the same weight. This morning my scale was kinder than yesterday. Tomorrow, because I'll go all day in the car, no exercise, nothing, I'll be up again.

Teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

Most Active