BOB on 7/16/10

toddmaye
on 7/25/10 12:31 am - KINSTON, NC
 I had BOB surgery on 7/16/10.....Here's my history---I had RNY 5/24/04....lost 146 pounds total got down to 180 pounds. Got pregnant and had a baby 04/18/06....didn't gain a pound. After having baby, got on the shot---and gained 50pds. Did ok and stayed at that weight for  2 1/2 yrs...then within  the last 6 months---i stopped being full again---gain 60pds......had dx surgery-5/5/10--learned that the opening to my pouch had stretched-----went thru the whole process again---got BOB on 7/16/10....Surgery went well. I have been up and active since then but I'm having an issue----If I lay on my right side---the side that has the largest incision---then where my incision is swells up and hurts. I didn't experience this much pain when I had my RNY...

Another ?-----can anybody help me and tell me about any protein shakes or supplements that they have tried that have been good-----I didn't do good with them my 1st time around but I really want this to work this time....
Debbie M.
on 7/25/10 1:18 am
Do a search for Vitalady - she's got a website of all kinds of protein shakes and the nice thing is you can buy small samples to see what you like without buying a 30lb tub of something. 
Debbie M.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

toddmaye
on 7/25/10 4:56 pm - KINSTON, NC
 thanks
woolstitcher
on 7/30/10 12:06 am - OH
I had my BOB in Jan of this year, the swelling used to get to me, but it does go away.  I would also get a hard pinch when I moved the wrong way, I had talked myself into that I was going to need it all redone, but I didn't :) Now that I'm 6 months out, no more pain and no more swelling.  It did take a while though.

About shakes, I like Boost glucose control, w/ no sugar and the low carb slim fast, but I also do very little/no sugar.
"Mom, in our house every day is Autism Awareness Day"
~my 9 year old w/ ASD
Most Active