Lapriscopic Revising of the VSG

Celeste76
on 7/22/10 1:59 pm - Gonzales, LA
 I have finally found a weight loss center in Louisiana (that actually has 3 branches in other cities, so is a pretty big practice), that does the re-sleeving laproscopically. I have a consultation next week, and will go to see what my options are. I do know that it is a higher risk surgery the second time around. There is a lot to consider.  I am blessed to have a kind and wise father who will be going with me who always thinks of questions that I don't. Unfortunately, my mother just passed away this passed Thanksgiving day due to a brain bleed that developed 3 days after a routine back surgery. Right now, my family and I are very wary about surgery, let alone me getting another one that will be higher risk. There are many pros and cons to consider that I will be takig very seriously.  I do NOT have insurance, and the only reason I can  afford this is b/c of the money I recently inherited from my mother. I do know that she would want me to get this resolved in the safest way possible. How I wish she were here to see me through this, but I know that I can get plenty of support here from you guys. Again, thanks so much to all of you for your advice and help. If anyone would like information of this particular medical facility, please let me know. Good luck to you as well and God bless.

Celeste
Christina N.
on 7/23/10 6:20 am - Houston, TX
Revision on 03/18/09 with
If you dont mind me asking, why are you needing to be re-sleeved? Are you have alot of problems with it now? or did you just not lose the weight you wanted to lose? I'm asking because I got sleeved in March 2009, I've lost about 60 lbs but still have another 40 I want to lose and I'm at a complete stall with my weightloss. I went to see the doctor yesterday and he is going to check my pouch next week to see if there are any problems.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I'm sure she is there watching over you. Just pray about it, and I know it will all work out for the best in the end.

Good luck.

(LOST 50 LBS w/ Realize Band prior to Gastric Sleeve)
Celeste76
on 7/26/10 7:04 am - Gonzales, LA
about 2 years after my surgery, i was put on medicine that makes you crave sugar like it's air. I started eating more...and then more...and then more...I was very concerned and contacted the surgeon who'd performed the sleeve and was told that "it was IMPOSSIBLE" for the sleeve to stretch back out. So I never worried that it actually could. But it did. It has stretched out enough to where I can eat almost as much as I could prior to surgery. Add that to a history of not eating properly, and I gained all the weight back that I lost. I know it's my own fault. But when you've lost over 100 pounds and had been so large for so long, at first it was like... oh, what's 10 pounds?.....and it just got out of control.

Now I want a second chance. The difference this time is that i know there's nothing to keep me from stretching it out again but my self. I am off those horrible meds I had to take and haven't gained any more wieight since november. But b/c I have hypothyroidism, my metabolism is almost non-existent, and it's hard for me to loose weight. In the past FOUR months, I lost 9 pounds exercising 5x a week, and eating healhily. But I want my sleeve back to where it was. And I feel now that i have developed proper eating and healthy eating mentality, that I will have a much better chance at this. Since November, I've quit smoking, been exercising, and learning to eat healthy, NOT TO DIET. I'm motivated on a healthier past b/c my mother died so young at only 57, and was very overweight and unhealthy. I am going to end up down that same road if I don't make changes now.

Regarding your own situation, that does sound odd. I lost weight really fast when I first got sleeved. Like 100  pounds in 8 months. It's good that you are getting it checked out. Good luck to you! :)
Most Active