Surgeon that takes MediCal for revision/reversal?

ModestoK
on 7/21/10 2:27 am
Does anyone know of a bariatric surgeon in Califorina that will take Medi-Cal insurance?

I have a friend that has had major complications/malnutrition from her 2005 RNY.
She has been hospitalized multiple times since RNY for dehydration, malnutrition, low blood sugar, and recently needed 5 pints of blood - they never did figure out how she had lost so much blood volume.

When I asked her, she said that  the original surgeon told her it can't be reversed.   That doesn't seem right to me - I think it more likely that the surgeon doesn't want to risk a second surgery because of the patient's precarious health.  

My friend has totally given up hope and is unwilling/unable to research her options.  At this point, she is scared that she won't wake up some morning.   She is also convinced that since she has Medi-Cal, even if a bariatric surgeon could help they would not because of $$$.

Any information would be passed along and greatly appreciated.
(deactivated member)
on 7/21/10 4:08 am
I don't have an answer for you but I wanted to ask if you could contact Medi-Cal and find out from them? I don't know if they keep a list of surgeons like insurance companies do but it might be worth a shot.

Michele
Debbie M.
on 7/24/10 11:35 am, edited 7/24/10 11:35 am
Call Dr. Keshishian's office in Glendale, CA  I think he use to, not sure if he still does but he's worth the call, he's an amazing surgeon. 
www.dssurgery.com

Debbie M.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

Most Active