Denied

KyleBeth
on 7/21/10 8:46 am - Erie, PA
I was denied for my surgery today. My Doctors office told me that there was no reason that I should be denied for my revision/repair because there was a medical problem.

Needless to say i'm very disappointed and anxious. My doctors office automatically appeals... but i'm not sure how hopeful i'm supposed to be.

If you were denied the first time around and then got approved please let me know your experience. regardless of surgery type.

I've had such a bad week at work and now this... i'm just feeling down and out.

Thanks in advance for your experiences

Kyle
Lilypie - (b6LK)      Lilypie - (evIs)
shele
on 7/21/10 10:28 am

Hey,

Sorry~  but I was deinied the first time.  My hubbys company is self insured, cigna is the admiistrator.  I called the plan administrator where he works, and just told her what was going on with me, and she went to bat for me and had me approved pretty quickly... it might just be a matter of coding,, who knows.

Just wanted to tell you to hang in there!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

HannahB
on 7/21/10 2:06 pm
Hi Shele,

I had sent you a message, but had problems logging in with that account to see if you replied. So I am back and signed up with a diff email . . .it seems to be working. . .  My question to you was about the BOB have you had this done? Do you suggest it? What are the negatives from your perspective?

Thanks

Hannah
shele
on 7/26/10 10:29 pm

Hey, I have no experience at all with the bob. I was revised to the distal rny (120 common channel)  My advice to you is to start researching all the choices, pick the one you feel fits, THEN pick a vetted surgeon that does that surgery.

I can onlly tell you from MY experience, what I don't suggest, as I have lived them.

I am seeking my 3rd revision to ds. 

Good luck in your research!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

Britt U.
on 7/26/10 11:13 am - Mill Creek, WA
My appeal is still in process. I think I have a shot because they've called and asked for more information again. They also asked if I want to send my case to another doctor for a second review which is just never done.

At any rate. Working on one more letter but here's the last one I sent if it has any ideas for you...

http://vsgappeal.blogspot.com/2010/05/final-letter-why-revis ion-doesnt.html
Most Active