Another newbie!

rollo
on 7/20/10 11:29 pm - United Kingdom
Hello all just thought I would say hello! 

I was given this link by somebody on a UK WLS forum and would welcome any advice or support.  I originally had a gastric band in May 2005 and did loose around 70lbs but after a couple of years found I couldnt get on with it and following a defill I put all the weight back on.

I looked into having bypass surgery in 2008 and although I was interested in the DS my doctor advised me not to go down that route opting for an RNY instead.  Operation went well but 4 weeks in I could barely keep anything down and my stoma had been restricted to around 1mm in diameter needing a stretch.  This was carried out but things were never the same after that and I found I could eat everything and anything.  I have only lost 42lbs in total 25 of which I lost in the first 4 weeks.

I have been offered the ROSE procedure which will be done in August but have been dissappointed at what information I have been able to get.  Has anybody been successfull following this procedure? Did the restriction not increase at all post op? why do you think it failed?

I would love to know your experiences as there is nothing known about this in the UK! Sorry for such a long post!

Rose
Most Active