On Again...Off Again....On Again!!!!

flucca
on 7/19/10 5:38 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Well, as some of you may know I was scheduled for my RNY to DS revision back in May...that got cancelled when I ended up the ER with fever/dehydration just a week before my scheduled surgery.  To make matters worse my surgeon was extremely backed up and wouldn't be able to get me back on the schedule for quite some time.Fast forward, Dr. Gagner coming back to North America but unfortunately outside of my network and I have a network only EPO plan.  I figured I'd take a shot anyway and see what Dr. G had to say.  He was willing to take my case and we submitted to my insurer who as expected turned it down for being out of network.........but then said ok, since there was not a viable doctor available in network.  Then the doc had to say no, because the rate they were willing to negotiate with him was far too low............so, second appeal, doc and company were able to find a happy medium and here we go........Aug 6th!!!!  Thanks to everyone here for all your support 
sosoclark
on 7/19/10 5:52 am - Sacramento, CA
Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!! I am hoping to get approval soon too!!! 
stillhopefull
on 7/19/10 8:46 am
 Way to hand in there and go after what you want.  Yes, I am green with envy.  Please let us know how you are doing and as they say on the DS board.......will be swinging critters for ya.
Terry
 for kjfras (Kerry) 

Terry     
(deactivated member)
on 7/20/10 4:18 am - Bayonne, NJ
Congrats! You'll be going up to Montreal? it's one of my absolute favorite cities. You're in good hands with Dr. Gagner.
Most Active