Band over Bypass

discouraged1953
on 1/10/14 2:46 am

Hi Debby, What city is Dr. Rantis? Would he take someone that had procedure in mexico ?I'm in wi.What does he charge for fills and surgury.  Spirit has such good deals might just go back there for fills. Thanks for getting back to me. Boy if I only had hindsight sure would have don e things differently after original RNY. Are you glad you did the band has it helped quiet bit?Where are you at now? its constant struggle we really need to get back trac with exercise too. Why is this so difficult for some of us?  It doesnt seem fair..Thanks Cindy

discouraged1953
on 1/10/14 2:49 am

P.S. How often do you have fills with or without floriscope?Did you have any complicatios? Cindy

kaytie
on 1/10/14 4:34 am

Cindy 

Dr Rantis is in Hoffman Estates in the suburbs of Chicago. I am not sure if he would manage your fills but you could call his office or one of the other Dr at the Kain bariatric center. I would think it would be very hard to manage it from Mexico since there are some risks and also I had several fills the first year. They don't give you a full band all at once so you will need to be monitored. In fact I have a check up at the end of this month. The cost will depend on your coverage.

I think the same thing about how some people have an easier time but all in all I am glad I am glad I did it. I Hope you get everything you want!

Debby 

nightnurse1971
on 8/8/10 9:57 am
I had a band placed 6/30/10 over my DS surgery because of weight gain.   The orginal surgery was in 2002 and in the last 2 years i gained almost 100lbs back.  So anyway I have had the lapband in place for 5 weeks and i have lost 33lbs.  My weight is coming off quick....I think the DS the band and my head are all working together this time.  With DS...I had no restriction and ate to much and ate sweets and dealt with the dumping from it.  I love having the band...it's like someone giving my tummy a hug...keeps it from rumbling around like crazy. 
Most Active