Band over Bypass

kaytie
on 7/18/10 5:39 am
I have just had a reaize band over bypass. I had RNY bypass in 2001 and lost a significant amout of weight but not all that I had hoped.  I began gaining weight back not long after I reached my lowest weight and seemed to be able to eat more. Even with dieting and exercise I could not seem to loose. I went to see the doctor about my situation and he recommended a band over bypass as a solution for my problem. I have read many blogs but have not seen anyone else who has had this revision surgery am I the only one??? If anyone else has had this too I would like to know how you are doing with it.
Thanks~
Kelleigh710
on 7/18/10 12:53 pm
Hi Kaytie,

You are certainly not the only one out there, in fact there are more of us on here than you would think. I hang out mostly in the Lap Band forum now since thatg is what I am mainly dealing with now as opposed to the RNY. I had mine in 2000 and jus had a Lap Band placed on 6/29/10. Thus far I am down about 30 pounds, including the pre-op diet. It's definitley more slow going than the bypass, but it's coming off.  If you have any questions or need other people to chat with, just PM me and I can give you the names of others that have a B.O.B. and have been very successful with it. As long as your willing to change your lifestyle, you will be fine  :)

~Kel
Diane S.
on 7/25/10 9:02 am - NY
Kel,
Hi I am getting the band of my bypass tomorrow.  I would like to talk to those of you have had the same.
Diane
vmdunham
on 7/27/10 11:47 pm
Monday Aug 2. I am getting this blasted band off and gastric sleeve surgery. Good luck let me know how it goes!!!!! I am just thrilled to get rid of this horrible band!!!!   I'm right behind ya!
woolstitcher
on 7/27/10 9:09 am - OH
I had BOB at the end of Jan of this year.  I'm happy with it.  I did have some infection at the start and had a rough go ... but after that got better ... it's been good.   I go for another fill tomorrow.  I have lost just over 50 lbs.
I feel SO much better after having the BOB,
"Mom, in our house every day is Autism Awareness Day"
~my 9 year old w/ ASD
kaytie
on 7/27/10 10:31 pm
Thanks so much for the encouragement. I have lost 20 but it seems to be moving slow I have lost nothing for a month.... I am walking every day .... think the next fill will make a difference. Stay well and again thanks for the note!
discouraged1953
on 1/10/14 12:26 am

I am considering the same are you still happy  with Band over Bypass or do you regret it I am planning on Mexico where did you have yours did you have trouble finding fill drs? thanks Cindy

discouraged1953
on 1/10/14 12:08 am

Katie, how are you doing now I am very close to scheduling one in Mexico? I had RNY 2000 got down to 160 had lost about 100lbs but now back to 190.

discouraged1953
on 1/10/14 12:22 am

Hi Nightnurse,  or Anyone WHO CAN ADVISE!!!    I had RNY in 2000  went from 260 to 160. At time was forcing myself to eat was afraid  wouldn't get nutrition I needed. I had no problems what so ever, I wish now would have done things differently, I could have lost more and exercised more. Now feel out control grazing poor choices just can't get back in control. I am back up to 190. I am very very close to going to clinic in Mexico and having Band over Bypass. How are you doing now? Where you from ? I' from midwest do you have problems getting fills? that is also concern finding fill Dr, if Imhave it done in Mexico. Thanks Cindy 

kaytie
on 1/10/14 1:07 am

Hello Cindy

I am from the Midwest too! I had my lap and bypass at Hoffman St Alexis Hospital with Dr Peter Rantis, (I love him he is a great Dr) and I get my fills at his office there. I am not sure how it would all work if you had the procedure at a foreign hospital. I think it would be to your benefit to set up a doctor to follow you in your area before going in. I say this because I changed general doctors right after my procedure and he seemed a little apprehensive to take me on. I am doing ok and have lost some weight but not what I would have hoped to in fact my sister and I both had this done and we both feel like it was a "good" thing but not at all what we expected. I have to keep telling myself this is a tool not a cure and grazing can still be an issue. I have a great deal of restriction this is my choice. I hope you have a great success with your journey and I hope you the best. If I can help feel free to email.

Debby

Most Active