VSG REvision to DS or Stomaphyx?

Celeste76
on 7/16/10 5:02 am - Gonzales, LA

Could someone please help me? I've been doing some research on what to do about my sleeve being stretched out. I've heard about the stomaphyx and the d. switch? What is the best way to go? Anyone have similar experience to share and advice? I've also heard something about a ROSe procedure. IS the DS the best way to go after the VSG? Or would the stomaphyx be the better option? I've gained all of my weight back to due to an increase in appetite from a medication causing me to crave sugar. of course, i know it's my fault for eating that sugar, but i never should've been on those meds. Another doctor quickly took me off and said it was an error of the previous doc. So I feel like after I spent the money on the VSG, that I've been screwed over by that medication, and my own bad descissions. I'm looking for some help. Please help! Thanks

Celeste

shele
on 7/16/10 7:23 am

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/10 9:30 am - Bayonne, NJ
Stomaphyx doesn't work. ROSE doesn't work. There's no one on this board who has had positive results.
Celeste76
on 7/19/10 4:13 am - Gonzales, LA
Could you tell me why ROSE/STOMPHYX doesn't work? Thanks for your time & God bless :)
Celeste
PlantLover
on 7/19/10 1:34 pm
Could you tell me why ROSE/STOMPHYX doesn't work? Thanks for your time & God bless :)

Well for one thing, they both reduce an enlarged stoma. If you had VSG you don't *have* a stoma,
so there is nothing to reduce.
I think your options are something like:

a) Kick the carbs to the curb, watch portions
b)See about getting re-sleeved
c)Consider revision to DS- we sleevers already have half the DS, so it's much much easier to go full tilt DS rather than RNY.

Have you had a scope to see whether your stomach is really stretched out? 

There's a group here called Back On Track Together, for people who've regained
and want to lose again. They might be able to help while you're researching.

hth and have a good day
Ivy
Heather D.
on 7/18/10 11:11 pm - New York, NY
Definitely do your research, for all options. The previous 2 posts are from members that always lobby for how the DS is the only surgery anyone should have. This site is losing it's effectiveness for any of us to research revisions because of this. Good luck with whatever you choose.
StacysMom
on 7/21/10 4:39 am, edited 7/21/10 4:39 am
Heather,

How dare you accuse those people who are merely informing other about the DS surgery, that they are "lobbyists" for the procedure.   Without them, more and more people would be getting the ARCHAIC, old-fashioned and doomed to fail, RNY operations.   Gee!  Isn't that what YOU yourself had done?   And, aren't YOU on here looking for a revision?  Maybe if you had really done your "research" (HA, that's a laugh), you would have gotten the DS in the first place and not be on here looking to FIX YOUR FAILED RNY!!   

DO I DETECT "SOUR GRAPES"???

Everyone is looking to get the DS, no one is looking to revise away from it to something else!   That alone speaks volumes and maybe, if you had any brains, instead of lambasting those who actually know something, you'd listen to them and read some WLS research papers.  You'd find that they know what they are talking about.

I AM SICK OF READING YOUR POSTS WHERE YOU PUT DOWN THOSE *****ALLY DO KNOW BETTER THAN YOU!!  We have been reading these boards since 2007 and you are a "Johnny Come Lately" who thinks she knows it all!   You have had ONE surgery which apparently didn't work for you - what makes YOU the expert on telling people who and what to listen to?
Heather D.
on 7/25/10 5:01 am - New York, NY
StacysMom,.

These forums and this site in general are for people to do research. For you to accuse me of not doing my research shows that you know nothing about me. I could go into the details of the entire year I did research for my RNY, a surgery with very successful results. However, you deserve no explanation from me.

You should be ashamed of yourself for publicy spewing such hatred and anger at another person struggling with researching a revison.

Your facts aren't even correct. You are sick of reading my posts? I have written exactly 2. You asked what makes me an expert? Nothing, I never claimed to be, unlike you.

I have no sour grapes at all about my original surgery. I lost 91% of my excess weight. I know why I need a revision and what got me here.

It is sad that you are such miserable, angry bully that you feel the need to target me. I really hope that your attack on me gave you some joy, as it is obvious you have none elsewhere.

I am sure you will go on the attack again, so good luck with that, I hope it makes you feel good.

StacysMom
on 7/25/10 2:35 pm
Dear Heather,

You seem to put down anyone who posts the truth (stated on this very forum - two years ago) about the endoscopic procedures (ROSE & Stomaphyx).   There are other newbies reading this and THEY deserve to know the TRUTH and not be swayed by another NEWBIE!!  

I'M NOT POSTING FOR YOU -- I'M POSTING INFO FOR THEM!

You are a newbie to this revision forum - otherwise, you would have already known about the failures of all the endoscopic revisions - as they have been covered OVER AND OVER again on this forum, as well as on other forums here.    Plus, you insulted someone (Baileymouse) who has stuck her neck out over and over again on this forum to give you and others information that THEY didn't even know they NEEDED!

Glad to hear you're so happy with your RNY.   Most people who come on this forum are unhappy with theirs and are looking for a revision to whatever will give them the success they deserve after having had MAJOR surgery to lose excess weight.  

Since you seem to "know it all", I guess there's nothing you need to know from here.   Especially since your ears are deaf to the truth about the procedures you're looking at as the solution to your problem.  

Good luck to you -- you'll need it!

Monique H.
on 7/19/10 1:29 am
Why not search on here for stomaphyx results and ds results. I went to my state's department of managed healthcare site and read up on decisions on insurance appeals that were done. According to them the ds is the best way to go and they actually denied some from going from vsg to rny, because the ds was a better option due to the success of it. Good luck to you in whatever you decide, but do your research on here and see how the outcomes were for people who had both procedures. I know that everyone is different and sometimes success can be measured by what you put into it, but I'm an example of sometimes the surgery just not working.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Most Active